Job Title: Production Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Requisition ID: 55448BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise within the strategic priorities of Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost.
- Optimize sequencing, setup, layout, and job execution to produce a quality product efficiently.
- Track worker performance by performing regular Gemba walks and responding to problems immediately.
- Record and report daily metrics within the Daily Management Tier System.
- Manage preventative maintenance program in the production area to ensure all PMs are completed on-time.
- Ensure proper initial and cross training is performed to a satisfactory standard and ensure proper cross training to avoid capacity delays.
- Identify all additional training needs and requirements and execute all necessary training requirements.
- Manage the vacation schedules of all employees on shift.
- Enforce all contractual standards and ensure proper adherence to include discipline when applicable.
- Support and when necessary provide guidance to Value Stream support staff to include engineering, label, quality, and supply chain functions.
- Ensure proper execution of 5S program to include daily standard work completion, completion of daily audits, reporting of daily audits, and corrective action implementation to correct deficiencies Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment and a high level of safety awareness among associates. Maintains excellent housekeeping practices through 5S implementation with appropriate audits.
- Provide the training and guidance necessary to enable the employees to improve their own abilities and skill levels.
- Document standard work/SOPs and provide continuous feedback to team members to assure all are adhering to procedures and striving for continuous improvement and alignment with the objectives.
- Provide guidance, direction and leadership for the areas of supervision to ensure that products are manufactured with the highest level of quality in a safe and timely manner that will meet or exceed our customer’s expectation.
- Ensure all manufacturing orders are followed through to a completed status with accuracy and variance review as it pertains to their department and in accordance with all engineering specifications.
- Demonstrate strong business acumen, organizational and analytical skills. Must have working knowledge of other business functions (Materials, Financial, Sales, Engineering and Human Resources) in addition to Manufacturing and Quality.
- Effective employee management skills including dealing with difficult employee situations and providing constructive feedback. Ability to coach, counsel and encourage subordinates.
- Manage shift-to-shift communications.
- Responsible to assist in leading efforts to drive process continuous improvement as it relates to targeted metrics and lean manufacturing.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with ISO/GMP/FDA requirements.
- High School education with 3-5 years manufacturing supervisory experience.
- Highly motivated and energetic in daily work, problem solving, and continuous improvement.
- Experience with PRMS or other ERP/MRP system.
- Excellent ability to lead a production staff within a union environment
- Ability and desire to solve problems to drive continuous improvement at the lowest level but the ability to communicate the need for higher level support when needed
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and to provide guidance and mentoring to peers.
- Strong people, team building, and conflict resolution skills.
- Lean manufacturing experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office including Microsoft Word and Excel
- FDA/GMP experience a plus.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join