When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This position has been approved for Relocation Assistance.
Specialty Diagnostics Group:
The Specialty Diagnostics Group (SDG) serves customers in healthcare, clinical, pharmaceutical, industrial, and food safety laboratories. SDG consists of a dedicated team of 6,900 talents determined to improve diagnostic methods in order to improve patient care and accuracy of diagnoses. The group offers a wide range of diagnostic test kits, reagents, culture media, instruments and associated products. Together, we are moving medicine forward by bringing advanced diagnostic tools that improve the quality, reliability and speed of diagnostics.
Clinical Diagnostics Division:
The Clinical Diagnostics Division (CDD) aims to be the leading provider of high value, innovative diagnostics solutions to select IVD market segments and a partner of choice for major OEM customers. More than 1,900 sales professionals represent an extraordinary variety of product lines: : Diagnostic Reagents for drug abuse screening, therapeutic and immunosuppressant monitoring, serum toxicology, endocrine, specimen validity testing, and sepsis testing; Clinical chemistry and Molecular controls; Particle Technology; and Corporate Accounts.
The Staff Scientist, Design Transfer is responsible for helping resolve immediate manufacturing issues, providing technical solutions to all product lines, and leading cross functional projects to completion.
- Serve as a Core team member on New Product Development projects as a Manufacturing representative.
- Lead Element Teams to work closely with various functional areas and properly transfer new products into Manufacturing.
- Use statistical and risk management techniques to design manufacturing process flow.
- Provide expertise in project planning and timeline development & management.
- Act as liaison between Operations and R&D.
- Report to stakeholders and upper management about progress and any necessary modifications of plans.
- Independent technical support and decision making for methods with complexity.
- Coordinate implementation of complex procedures and training others.
- Lead and mentor others.
- Lead and complete complex crossfunctional projects.
- BS in Chemistry/Biochemistry or related discipline with 8 years diagnostic industry experience or advanced degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry discipline with 5-6 years diagnostics industry experience.
- Demonstrated ability for technical proficiency, scientific creativity, problem solving skills, collaboration with other departments, and ability to manage multiple projects or assignments.
- Ability to present and communicate (oral and written) information in a clear manner.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel.
- Experience in preparing manufacturing documents including SOPs, specification sheets and worksheets.
- Experience in manufacturing, product transfer or product support functions.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Good understanding of Design Control elements.
- Ability to analyze large set of data through statistical analysis
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join