Primary responsibility is to provide Human Resource leadership to the Unity Lab Services organization in Europe. Specific responsibilities include:
- Work as a key member of the European ULS leadership team in developing HR strategies that support the business initiatives. Must have strong business acumen to translate business needs into HR strategies and initiatives.
- Provide HR leadership in ongoing integration activities.
- The implementation of HR processes and programs that increase the productivity, competence, and effectiveness of the client group.
- Define HR requirements that are aligned with ULS strategic and operating plans.
- Will contribute to both division-wide and company-wide HR policies and standards development through interaction with ULS Human Resources Director and the global HR team.
- Ensures alignment of HR processes with business/site strategic and operating goals.
- Counsels and/or coaches employees and managers regarding employee relations issues including performance management, facilitation of formal/informal complaints to resolution, discipline and/or terminations, etc. in line with local culture and the business and legal environment.
- Provides leadership in, and promotion of, a positive One Thermo Fisher company culture by being an advocate for employees while achieving a balance with all levels of company goals.
- Assists managers in assessing and identifying resources to meet employee/departmental/commercial training needs and encouragement of employees to continuously develop their skills in their field of work.
- Management of the annual performance and salary reviews, as well as coordinating necessary compensation analysis specifically focused on Service Commission structures.
- Assists in the hiring of new employees by performing various recruiting functions, including staffing coordination, job requisition management, offer letters, for the ULS Organization in Europe
- Provides management with relevant reports as needed.
- Build strong relations and communications between Service and Sales within Europe
- Support creation of the Annual Operating Plan and Strategic Plan
- Interface effectively as a HR Business Partner with Functional and Country HR Leaders in coordinating key processes.
- Lead HR activities in Europe with regards to ULS integration initiative.
- Lead of 3 HR Manger
- College degree required, Masters preferred in Human Resource or Business
- 10 -12 years of direct experience in all aspects of human resources (staffing, compensation, employee relations and organizational development).
- Proven experience in implementing programs and processes that yield positive results.
- Exposure to process improvement efforts (i.e. six sigma, practical process improvement) a plus.
- Strong Commercial HR experience.
- Proven Variable Compensation experience in a Commercial environment.
- Multi Country experience
- Multi Lingual skill, preferably English, German (preferred) & French (a plus)
- Change Management experience
- Business knowledge/orientation
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to use a high level of tact, diplomacy, discretion and empathy/understanding in a global environment across multiple cultures.
- Must possess moderate computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, and email.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and manage associated stress.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Self motivated; bias for action.
- Effective negotiating and influencing skills.
- Strong compensation skills especially as it relates to driving greater performance in Service & Sales
- Travel requirements are 25%-40%
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join