When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Outstanding opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer with hands on development experience to join our team designing analytical instruments for life sciences.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- 5 to 7 + years hands on experience developing analytical instruments.
- Should have a strong academic background and work experience in mechanical design particularly in the areas of mechanism design and automation / motion control.
- Demonstrated the ability to develop complex mechanical, electro-mechanical, and optomechanical assemblies. This would be demonstrated by the candidate being associated with the development of successful products and issued patents.
- Good understanding of packaging mechanical, and electronic assemblies and be familiar with UL/CE/TUV regulations and EMI reduction.
- The candidate would have strong knowledge of DFMEA/DFM/DFS, Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) and be well versed in various fabrication techniques including casting, plastic injection molding, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, as well traditional machining methods.
- Experience in a 3-D CAD package such as SolidWorks is required as well as the ability to create manufacturing drawings and documentation with practical knowledge of general drafting practices and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing per ASME/ANSI standards.
- The ability to work with team members across disciplines as well as good trouble-shooting skills, creative thinker and the ability to work with team members across disciplines with a positive attitude is a must.
- The ideal candidate would also have familiarity with genomic cell biology and various PCR techniques. Project planning and cost forecasting is also desirable.
- Experience in advanced modeling techniques such as Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and / or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) is optional.
- Prior experience designing instruments for the life sciences instruments highly preferred.
All of our employees share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement. Our ability to grow year after year is driven by our ability to attract, develop and retain world-class people who will thrive in our environment and share in our desire to improve mankind by enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join