When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Life Sciences Mass Spectrometry group is looking for an enthusiastic and well qualified Embedded Software Engineer for developing instrument control software for a large array of chromatography instruments and mass spectrometers.
- Develop embedded software for control of scientific and analytical instruments using a combination of C, C++, Verilog and Python. The control system includes controlling various devices, and peripherals using Linux based CPUs, microcontrollers and FPGAs.
- Develop procedures for calibration and tuning of various control elements in the instrument, including mathematical and statistical modeling.
- Bring-up code/systems in lab and test software builds. Work closely with research scientists to implement and contribute to patentable ideas.
- Advances the group’s capability by in-depth research, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Work with field support in troubleshooting and reproducing customer issues, when required.
- Work with in-house and third-party hardware developers to control instruments at various levels.
- Proficient in working with embedded control of hardware devices like analytical instruments, network devices, or storage appliances, smart devices.
- Proficient in C and C++ programming in embedded environments.
- Strong familiarity and some experience developing FPGA code for control of devices.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or similar field. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Efficient written and verbal communication skills.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join