When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
In this primarily laboratory based role, in support of mass spectral library creation within Thermo Fisher Scientific, the candidate will support the construction of mass spectral libraries (mzCloud™) through preparation of standards and acquisition of high resolution accurate mass spectral data. In addition, the candidate will be involved in the collection of primary compound information and primary data curation prior to submission of acquired data to the library curation program. Further activities will include testing of library features either directly or in supporting acquisition of testing data. Lastly the candidate may be involved in collaboration efforts related to library generation or searching in support of all primary analytical markets.
- Receive and organize chemical standards from multiple collaboration sources.
- Prepare standard solutions for analysis, including development of solvent systems for challenging or unique chemical classes.
- Track acquisition status for compounds in inventory.
- Perform initial data review and meta data acquisition and organization.
- Organize disposal of chemicals upon completion of acquisition of all requisite library data.
- Coordinate activities and communicate with vertical markets
- BA in Chemistry or related field minimum
- Laboratory experience (wet lab / bench experience)
- Mass Spectrometry experience (high resolution/accurate mass a bonus, Orbitrap also a bonus)
- Organized and detail oriented
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join