Job Title: Senior Commerce Developer
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $17 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Digital Technology and Delivery (DTD) -Team will be responsible for implementation, maintenance of web applications and services that interact with Product, Content, Search and E-Commerce systems.
- Team will work with others on the development team to translate business requirements and technical design into well optimized functioning code using JAVA and related technologies.
- This position will work within the DTD (Digital Technology and Delivery) group to develop and implement various enterprise initiatives and technical projects related to Fisher Scientific and Thermo Fisher Scientific ecommerce web sites.
- Candidate should be able to work effectively in a team to build web applications and services. This position offers a challenging career to work on systems that interface with multiple systems including Content Management Systems, Product Information Management System, Middleware and ERPs
- Work closely with development team, business analysts to analyze, design, develop, unit test, debug and maintain web applications based on functional requirements and scope of work.
- Focus on quality and continuous improvement to application and processes.
- Participate in production deployment and provide assistance to production support group when needed.
- Work with onshore counterparts with reasonable overlap time, and attend onsite calls.
- Minimum 6 to 8 years of web development, troubleshooting experience using Java and related technologies.
- Strong experience working on JDK 1.7 or higher desired
- Expertise in Spring, Spring boot frameworks and related technologies is required.
- Prior work experience developing and interfacing with Web/Rest services is required
- Must be very comfortable for Database concepts, query optimization of relational databases
- Hands on experience in coding and scripting (Python, Perl, Ruby, Shell, AWK) would be nice to have.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and automation/configuration management using Chef, or Puppet would be a plus.
- Experience using GIT, SVN, defect tracking tools such as JIRA/HP and build management tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo is desired.
- Prior experience or good knowledge of Kafka, Spring Batch would be nice to have.
- Exposure to NoSQL, Cloud/AWS would be nice to have.
- Be highly motivated to adopt new technologies, challenges and work in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent team player with strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Exposure to Agile delivery methodology would be nice to have.
- Be able to step up when situation demands such as meeting deadlines and critical production issues.
- Ability to independently design, code, and unit test major features, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver complex changes.
- Skilled in Agile process and worked in DevOps Model.
- Exposure to cloud services like AWS, OpsWorks, Cloud Formation would be a plus.
- Exposure or knowledge of web services, RESTful, and JSON.
- Knowledge of code deployment in Tomcat and any application server.
B.Tech/M.tech in Computer Science or equivalent
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join