When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
How Will You Make an Impact?
Under the leadership of the Global Supply Chain Director, the Sr. Manager, Order Fulfillment will be responsible for the overall order schedule as well as the proper set-up, functioning and development of the Order Fulfillment process.
What will you do?
- Day-to-day management of the regional order fulfillment team.
- Improve and monitor the purchasing and order fulfillment process; coordinate with supply sites and work process improvements to further automate/simplify/improve scheduling
- Support the returns process
- Lead, mentor and develop the team of specialists from HR and operational perspective
- Ensure proper processes are in place and documented in order to operate the merge-in-transit process
- Monitor orders placed by the commercial offices for quality and content – and propose corrective actions if needed
- Broad communication and exchange of experiences with different Commercial sites, to instruct them or assist them how to handle special cases or situations
- Ensure that customers receive the best possible delivery through monitoring carrier and factory metrics. Executes corrective actions if needed.
- Maintain the relationship with distribution company that executes the merge-in-transit process, from day-to-day perspective but also mid- and long-term
- Audit distribution company from compliance and operational point of view
- Check and approve invoices related to the merge in transit process
- Maintain the relationship with internal and external suppliers for the merge-in-transit process, and escalates issues if needed
- Ensure proper IT support for the merge-in-transit processes and recommends process/IT improvements and implements them
- Some travel required (5-10%)
How will you get there?
- BS degree in Business, Materials Management or related field. A combination of job related experience and ongoing educational progress may be considered in lieu of BS degree.
- Commercial, logistics and administrative training/education
- 5-7 years working experience in logistics, order processing or purchasing role
- Experience in working with SAP, by preference with SD, MM
- 3+ years in a supervisory and/or managerial position (Team size 2-8 people)
- Working knowledge of import and export trade compliance (HTS, ECCN, COO, Valuation, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and handle high pressure situations
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and decision-making abilities
- Ability to follow through on tasks to completion
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Analytical and process thinking with a focus on continuous improvement
- Attention to details
- Teamwork skills
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
This position has not been approved for relocation assistance.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join