When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Manufacturing Technician II utilizes intermediate-level skills to assemble instrument components, sub-components and electro-mechanical assemblies. Performs soldering, fitting/mounting, alignment, adjusting and repairs. Reads and interprets detailed schematics, engineering drawings, wiring schematics. Work is done in conjunction with other professionals and under supervision.
- Assembles products in accordance with daily / weekly production schedules.
- Able to assemble mid-level soldering of components to circuit boards, switches, connectors and face plates
- Able to assemble, solder and connect mid-level and high level mechanical and electrical assemblies of chassis and cabinets
- Read and interpret electrical and mechanical engineering drawings and schematics.
- Perform proper wiring techniques, including harnessing terminations and connectors.
- Follows established work processes, procedures, standards, and methods.
- Uses various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
- Perform manufacturing tests and written documentation as required.
- Maintain equipment and performs housekeeping duties on a daily basis.
- Will be asked to perform warehouse and various other tasks as assigned
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- 5+ years of related work experience in manufacturing, electro mechanical assembly preferred
- Extensive knowledge of soldering, soldering certifications preferred
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivated, positive attitude
- Excellent communication and attention to detail
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- 3 to 5 years of manufacturing assembly experience
- Knowledge of soldering
- Read, write and understand English
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join