Job Title: Product Manager, LCMS within Nominal Mass Portfolio
Location: San Jose, CA
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The business critical role is responsible for full lifecycle product management of a new mass spectrometer product. This will involve developing and implementing a market-based strategy for the product including translating customer and market needs using the Life Science Mass Spectrometry New Product Development Introduction (NPDI) process. In addition, the Product Manager will work with R&D and vertical marketing teams to define the product using Voice of Customer techniques that work with the customer requirements and expectations.
The ideal candidate will have strong domain expertise, has experience to work in complex, global, matrix organizations, and a demonstrable knowledge of LC-MS end-user market requirements.
· Select product features, develop value propositions, and validate with customers before product introduction.
· Evaluate customer needs and new technologies and create the product requirement document
· Will identify external testers, define test plans, and manage all beta testing at customer sites.
· Will collect and communicate voice of the customer (VOC) throughout the NPD process.
· Define all NPI activities in the Product Launch Plan and help to develop marketing collateral for the launch.
· Deliver technical presentations to the sales organization as well as to key customers. Track forecasting and product shipments.
· Define the product roadmap and ensures it is regularly updated.
· Manage the overall product lifecycle including product discontinuance, obsolescence and retirement, maintaining competitive pricing/margin, leading and executing all Release for Sale product related components, and driving product improvement (including software).
· Responsible for all aspects of product performance throughout the life of the product.
· Using voice of the customer (VOC), commercial insight, and market intelligence, will set the price for new products, track and manage gross margin for product portfolio, and analyze product margins against market requirements and adjusts as required.
· As required from the Product Marketing team, will ensure material is prepared and ready for all Also, will create spec sheets, brochures, customer benefit documents, and web pages.
· Coordinate and manage product CARES meetings and, work with Product Support Engineering (PSE) for hot account resolution.
· Play an active role in Practical Process Improvement (PPI) teams.
· Interact with Business Intelligence and Vertical teams to gain insight to competition comparison and competitive notes on all the key competitors as input into the annual operating plan (AOP) process.
· Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, or equivalent. Ph.D. preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in product/project management, R&D or related experience with mass spectrometry is desired. Technical understanding of triple quad mass spec is required.
· In depth understanding of the triple quad market and customer needs and expectations is required.
· Strong product management experience managing an entire product line lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities is preferred.
· Strong attention to detail on products. Should be able to articulate feature tradeoffs and decision processes for delivering best-in-class products to consumers.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and feel at ease communicating regularly with technical and business teams.
· Experience interacting with customers and partners for technical and/or product integration.
· Ability to communicate with and influence technical, product and design teams.
· Ability to work within a diverse, cross-functional team across multiple sites.
· Willingness to travel up to 25% (domestic and international
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join