At Thermo Fisher Scientific, our Talent Acquisition team is committed to providing outstanding talent solutions that enable growth and advance our market leader position. We are seeking an experienced, customer focused, and results oriented talent acquisition leader to join our evolving Center of Excellence (COE) for Talent Acquisition.
The Director, who reports to the VP, Global Talent Acquisition is responsible for creating and deploying talent acquisition strategies to strengthen the organization's capabilities and ensure it has the talent to meet current and future business plans. The leader will team with Talent Acquisition and Human Resources leadership to develop and implement strategies targeted at COE expansion and operational efficiency toward improved service delivery across multiple business groups and functions to deliver consistent high quality service to our key stakeholders.
As a key leader within the global COE this role will support the implementation of process improvements as the COE continues to optimize the use of existing and new processes, tools and vendor relationships to ensure the function is delivering strong business impact and shareholder value. This leader will partner with the VP, Talent Acquisition to provide strategic direction for the design and delivery of talent acquisition for key talent focus areas across the world.
This position proactively integrates global perspective in the development of strategies, processes, and metrics to unify the Talent Acquisition function in world-wide locations. It brings solutions to increase return on investment and efficiencies across the globe through collaboration with the group and regional HR teams.
- Select, develop and motivate an engaged talent acquisition team to ensure service deliverables, performance metrics and overall talent needs are met
- Lead and effectively manage performance of the matrix team and collaborate effectively with HR business partners and Functional Leaders to achieve customer objectives
- Build talent pipelines for critical roles and develop recruitment strategies to ensure job openings are filled in a timely and cost effective manner
- Provide strategic team leadership and guidance to deliver high quality candidates and hires across the organization by:
- Developing and executing effective recruiting strategies for timely delivery of top-quality talent and meeting hiring plan deadlines
- Optimizing Talent Acquisition expertise and leveraging best practice models/process, tools, technology and vendors to drive exceptional hiring decisions and Candidate and Hiring Manager experience
- Driving adoption of consistent recruiting, interviewing and hiring practices that drive TA efficiency and productivity
- Delivering high-quality recruiting results based on established metrics to include providing management reports summarizing progress toward recruiting metrics and identifying trends that have an impact on the business
- Determining and establishing team resourcing that supports workload and workflow of all functional Talent Acquisition activity
- Serve as an internal consultant to senior leadership to proactively understand staffing needs and develop plans to address. Provide consultative advice and demonstrate the ability to influence outcomes
- BA/BS Degree In Business, Human Resources/Industrial Relations or related field
- 10+ years progressive experience in HR/Talent Acquisition leadership roles
- Experience with process improvement tools and human capital metrics
- Internet savvy and experienced in social media, brand and networking
- Excellent project management skills, strong business acumen and effective process orientation
- Proven experience in building organizational capability and expertise in recruiting top talent
- Excellent people leadership skills
- Proven track record of effectively influencing and navigating across organizational boundaries and building strong partnerships that produce results
- MBA or MA in Business, HR/Industrial Relations, or related field
- Proactive, innovative and problem solving skills
- Collaborative team player
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to operate effectively in a fast paced, dynamic corporate environment
- High energy, drive, with a strongly positive outlook
- Agile learner
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join