Scientist / Mokslo darbuotojas (-a)
Job ID :
Lithuania - Vilnius
Major Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Designs experimental plans, leads study execution, analyzes experimental data, generates laboratory protocols, and writes technical reports, quantitative analyses.
- Troubleshoots and solves problems in the design/execution of development projects.
- Exercises practical judgment within broadly defined practices and policies and exhibits creativity and foresight in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Investigates, creates, and incorporates new methods and technologies to improve effectiveness of development
- Actively capitalizes on knowledge of industry trends to identify new opportunities for novel product offerings that address customer pain points under the guidance of more experienced professionals
- Maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards
- Maintains sufficient level of professional expertise and substantial knowledge of principles and theories through familiarity with competing technologies and/or products, review of current scientific literature, and attendance at scientific seminars and meetings
- Interacts closely with other internal departments (i.e., Marketing, Business Development, Quality, Operations and/or Technical Services) and with key thought leaders within the industry in the commercialization of new products.
- Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations
- Master's degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or other related discipline
- Expertise in the methods and techniques of molecular biology and enzymology
- Broad familiarity of applications associated with next generation sequencing (NGS)
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise and accurate manner.