When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
This role supports The Clinical Diagnostics Division (CDD). The CDD business is comprised of a variety of different product lines: Diagnostic Reagents for drug of abuse screening, therapeutic and immunosuppressant monitoring, serum toxicology, endocrine, specimen validity testing, and sepsis testing; Clinical chemistry and Molecular controls; Particle Technology; and Corporate Accounts. (Clinical Diagnostics Division).
How You Will Make an Impact
The Regional Sales Manager - West (Quality Control) will manage a Sales team in the West Region of the U.S. selling the Quality Control and ISD/TDM Assay. The primary objective is to ensure that the West Region achieves the annual operating growth plan which contributes to the overall goals of the Clinical Diagnostic Division (CDD). In addition, this person will execute the national sales strategies and tactical plans for the team while assuring successful completion of these goals. Additional responsibilities include managing the Sales team's performance to goal, analyzing and reporting on the team’s performance on a routine basis. This role will have direct responsibilities for working with major accounts to establish business contracts, conducting account activities and assisting in the evaluation of opportunities with all major accounts. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.
What Will You Do?
- Communicate with assigned sales representatives on a regular basis to monitor account pipeline, ensure there is an active sales funnel and assure core competency requirements are met.
- Communicate, strategize, plan and implement sales efforts with assigned QC & ISD/TDM team members to assure quarterly/annual goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Communicate effectively with the Director of Sales regarding business trends for the region including, but not limited to risks to business, potential opportunities and competitive information within the region.
- Create an inclusive environment and effect sales team not only within their region, but nationally with both the East Region Catalog Team and Custom Sales Channel.
- Work effectively with Channel Manager and distribution sales channels in order to execute National Sales Strategies.
- Assist with the hiring, coaching, training, and mentoring of assigned sales representatives within the region, including corrective actions if necessary through the Thermo Performance Management and Development program.
- Work extensively with Salesforce.com CRM to manage customer account base and monitor reps sales performance and productivity.
- Work with sales representatives to create customer pricing strategies and proposals that assure growth and profitability.
- Responsible for developing major account relationships at the executive level for the purpose of expanding sales.
- Develop and conduct sales presentations and manage day to day account activities and development. Daily interactions with key account business decision makers, sourcing manager and technical managers.
- Manage revenue and product forecasts with accuracy for region which is rolled up to the Director of Sales.
- Develop a business plan for each major account; monitors and reports progress regularly and advises National Sales Manager of results.
- Interact face-to- face with key business partners and negotiate potential business opportunities for the company, which is consistent with its long-term sales strategy.
- Continually help to improve the company culture leading by example to the 4”I” values of Thermo Fisher Scientific – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Travel - Ability to travel extensively and as needed. Minimum travel is more than 50%.
- BA or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level.
- 6 or more years of sales experience and a minimum of 2 years of direct sales supervision preferred with demonstrated success in the medical diagnostics or similar market.
- Strong analytical skills that coincide with the ability to implement complex selling strategies and plans.
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal communications.
- Superior relationship-building ability with leadership qualities.
- Proficient with SFDC CRM, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrated experience in working with financial reports, forecasting, and other key data reporting tools.
- Report weekly and monthly to the National Sales Manager on critical customer information, revenue target progress and team development progress.
- Proven successful sales and sales management experience. Must be able to show success with individually sales as well as managing a sales team to success.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal communications.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join