Semiconductor APAC Sales Sr Director
Job ID :
China - Shanghai|US - California - San Francisco|US - Illinois - Chicago|US - New York - New York
Primary Position Responsibilities
Primary Position Responsibilities
- Partners with the global MSD Semiconductor VP Sales & Service to drive APAC regional sales channels to meet the business objectives of the BU, including business development, direct sales strategies to support the long term vision and shorter term goals & objectives of the organization (maximizing market share, customer satisfaction (CAS), quarterly booking & revenue targets, organic revenue growth and EBITA).
- Leads the APAC commercial business organization responsible for >$300M in annual bookings & revenue consisting of regional sales Directors. The APAC organization has a total population of >200 employees.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategies and tactics to establish and maintain deep and lasting relationships with customers via sales channel and service delivery.
- Assures the correct go-to-market, channel and customer satisfaction strategies, talent, infrastructure, and processes are in place.
- In conjunction with their team, serves as one of the primary relationship managers with key strategic customers in the APAC region to create deep and lasting partnerships. Collaborates with the Semiconductor Sales and Service VP and other internal stakeholders to ensure their active involvement with customers.
- Partners with customers and internal stakeholders (Product Managers, Marketing, etc.) on the development of the product portfolio and ensures a smooth and efficient transition from product offerings to new model year product offerings.
- Partners closely with Marketing on the identification of emerging, underdeveloped and evolving markets and on the development of holistic (sales, product management, public relations, entertainment relations, advertising, etc.) plans to enter into developing or evolving markets.
- Leads the Business Development short-term and long-range planning process in alignment with the Global Semi Sales and Service VP.
- Fosters a success-oriented, accountable environment within the company modeling the company 4i values. Builds a great working environment for the employees. Attracts, develops, retains, and motivates the talent needed to be a world class, high performing team.
- University degree in an engineering or scientific discipline required; advanced technical degree and/or MBA desirable.
- 7+ plus years of regional export sales experience in technology, intensive capital equipment is required, specific experience in microscopy markets preferred, particularly including account development and management of associated markets.
- Demonstrated experience in development and support of Sales and Applications leaders and customers is required.
- Possesses strong business and financial acumen and deep understanding of driving short and long term financial targets.
- Experience in the development of appropriate sales oriented business processes; e.g. customer contact tracking, order entry, prospect development, forecasting etc.
- Challenges the status quo, proven track record of driving change and teaching & motivating individuals to develop & implement new ways of thinking and doing business.
- Genuine understanding of brands and their power in the marketplace
- Extremely results oriented and takes ownership of goals and objectives
- Ability to identify and highlight issues early on and quickly develop and execute plans to address.
- Highly effective collaborator with internal as well as external resources
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills, interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively interact at a senior executive level.
- Demonstrated ability to develop deep customer relationships and credibility, to gain insight into customers’ requirements.
- Extensive experience in developing, proposing and negotiating effective business agreements, including sales agreements and contracts.
- Demonstrated success in managing a team of diverse culture.
- Has or is willing and capable to acquire a profound knowledge of the local culture, political situation and business culture of the countries in his/her territory.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join