“Thermo Fisher is growing and we are proactively looking for leaders in Finance for future roles. Please submit your information to this posting to be considered for our upcoming opportunities.”
How you’ll make an impact
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work that supports a powerful mission. With revenues of $20 billion and a track record of stability and consistent growth, we’re uniquely able to give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
What you’ll do
As a Financial Analyst/Sr. Financial Analyst you will be a key member of the business team supporting reporting activities, including trend analysis and monthly reporting and forecasting. You will work closely with finance and business leadership to help them achieve financial commitments. In addition you will:
- Prepare accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate business results, variances, and performance trends and make recommendations to drive improvement
- Provide analytical trends and monthly reporting by site, product line, and division
- Work closely with key business partners to identify and mitigate issues impeding the achievement of business goals
- Improve on data intensive tools with a focus on automating the close process; identify, communicate and recommend/implement corrective actions
- Lead the consolidation of monthly actuals and forecasts
- Assist with the preparation of finance and business presentations, including monthly and quarterly business review schedule preparation
- Support ad-hoc internal, group, and corporate requests as needed
How you’ll get here
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of direct experience in financial analysis, reporting, and accounting leadership preferably within a large, matrixed organization
- Excel expertise with advanced knowledge of pivots, charts, and formulas
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge strong professional relationships with peers, and upper management
- Self-motivated with a bias for action
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Hyperion or other financial databases preferred.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join