Job Title: Senior GC/GC-MS Applications Specialist
Requisition ID: 56305BR
Location: Homebased UK & Ireland
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively demonstrate a solutions orientated mind set and work closely with the sales team and fellow UK Chromatography sales support experts to achieve identified company quarterly/ annual sales plans and participate in achievement of assigned core team goals.
- Personally responsible to managing own allocated UK application/demonstration/training requests ensuring timely and efficient, top-class delivery of customer demonstrations and demo reports, application methods and apps notes, customer training and other activities working closely with sales colleagues and other responsible colleagues within the CMD organisation. Close co-operation with other chromatography and mass spectrometry product lines is essential to make best use of available resources and customer requirements.
- Provides high quality and effective pre- and post-sales support working closely with factory based product and vertical marketing teams, other product line, service and sales teams. When developing applications and performing customer demonstrations ensure that methods developed and best practices are shared using with other members of the team and the responsible manager using Thermo Scientific AppsLab analytical method repository.
- Demonstrate and pro-actively use commercial awareness of the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry business as a whole. Develop strategic arguments and implement during competitive scenarios.
- Must make daily use of SalesForce.com (SFDC) to track activities which must be linked to opportunities so as to develop comprehensive knowledge of prospects and customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific’s interactions with them.
- Ensures training activities are provided to the customer in a timely manner while focussing on customer satisfaction and on a continually improving customer relationship leading to future business opportunities with the customer. Personally responsible for the relationship with the customer.
- Participate in the development of training materials and programs in cooperation with sales, factory, service and marketing teams.
- Personally responsible for identifying training needs and ensuring that their capabilities and competencies meet the needs and requirements of the sales support team for the relevant product line.
- Responsible to identify potential marketing and sales collateral by monitoring demos and application projects and sharing such work/results with responsible manager, vertical and regional marketing teams.
- Communicate market intelligence and VOC information obtained during customer demonstrations and in the field to the responsible manager and factory product teams.
- Degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry or similar
- 5+ years relevant gas chromatography and mass spectrometry knowledge is required
- Knowledge and experience of Chromeleon software is preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to speak the “technical language” of the customer
- Good self-organizational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Driving License
- Willingness to travel within the region (UK & Ireland). Occasional EU travel as required
- Strong Customer Focus Skills
- The ability to work on own initiative and to meet deadlines and targets
- Must be flexible and prepared to undertake tasks as required
Recruiter: Alverina Corion;Alverina.email@example.com
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join