Job Title: Senior Talent Sourcer, Talent Acquisition
As our Senior Talent Sourcer, you will be the driving force behind our talent attraction and engagement strategy. You will expertly develop and implement strategic sourcing approaches to engage top talent in the industry.
You will be responsible for managing the critical initial step of the recruitment process - the search strategy. As you define the search, you’ll consult with hiring managers (HMs) and others on the what, where, and how of the sourcing strategy, including qualifications, marketplace data, trends, sourcing channels etc.
As our subject matter expert on market knowledge and sourcing insights, you’ll engage talent and build candidate pipelines to ultimately set the trajectory of the search and the tone for recruitment excellence. As part of the Global Talent Acquisition (TA) team, your strong business acumen and technical understanding of your niche functional/regional assignment will serve you well. This team is an extremely innovative team that will encourage and allow you to create, test, and drive different sourcing strategies, methodologies, tactical practices, tools, technologies, and more.
This role reports to the Senior Global Sourcing Manager and is a member of the Global Talent Attraction team, a subset within TA. You and others on the team are knowledgeable influencers and trend setters. Growth of the function is inevitable and so too are the team’s opportunities. Specifically, you’ll:
- Develop a consultative partnership with HMs and business leaders to set the strategic direction for sourcing and recruitment efforts on job profiles and requirements (i.e. compensation, geography) and market trends (i.e. Supply and demand of target profile.)
- Leverage various knowledge and technologies to actively research, develop, and implement sourcing strategies. This includes deep strategic, analytical thinking and application of various data analytics, sourcing/recruitment channels, and tools.
- Proactively copartner with University Relations and Recruitment Marketing leaders and teams to support talent attraction goals.
- Spearhead innovative TA initiatives, supporting the advancement of the function as a Center of Excellence (COE) and team as thought leaders.
- Provide team support through various means (such as mentorship) within and between the team in order to increase the reach and exposure of the TA team and to the rest of business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent amount of relevant work experience.
- Six or more years of recruitment and sourcing experience with special emphasis using demonstrated successful, unique sourcing skills and highly skilled evolution of candidate care moving the best candidates from prospects to candidates to applicants, and partnership with other TA team members to successfully co-manage and smoothly transition responsibilities. Experience with Project Management and within Pharmaceutical/Biotech/Life Sciences industry preferred.
- Six or more years of experience assessing and identifying the needs of HMs and developing creative recruitment strategies and implementing overall TA plans.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal/state/regional employment law and equal employment guidelines and policies including the principles and practices of staffing administration including methods and techniques used in recruitment and selection, classification and compensation, and training.
- Experience in managing global recruiting processes and candidate research in either in house or retained search firm.
- Deep expertise in understanding a relevant functional role/s. Including acronyms, candidate behaviour, market trends, and how to apply your curiosity to seek and engage premier talent.
- Teamwork/Collaboration expertise with significant experience in team/project-oriented activities.
- Communicate research findings to HM audience to influence the direction of the search strategy through methodologies such as talent and market mapping.
- Demonstrated success using TA systems such as Applicant Tracking Systems and CRMs (Kenexa BrassRing and/or SmashFly is strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress tolerance.
- Superior interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with the standard features of various personal computer word processing and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and other proprietary software).
- Demonstrated ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results.
- Results-oriented to ensure delivery of appropriate products and services in an accurate, complete, and timely fashion.
- Business Acumen
- Problem Solving (Creative and Curious)
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Action Oriented
- Drive for Results
- Comfort Around Higher Management
This is an opportunity for you to advance the TA world by being part of a team that is developing and executing on an innovative TA model that provides tremendous business impact. If you would like to join us as we develop our success story, then this is the place for you!
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join