When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Director of Business Development will have responsibility for providing focused implementation of key strategic initiatives to ensure the future growth of the BioProduction division. Areas of key focus will include business development, technology acquisition and licensing, and strategy. Responsibilities would include:
- Manage the BioProduction Divisional process and pipeline for identification, business case analysis of technology licensing and acquisition opportunities.
- Hire and develop a high functioning team of business development professionals to support technology opportunity business assessments in addition to harnessing effective voice of customer and market intelligence.
- Develop business plans for investment including voice of customer, competitor analysis and financial models across BPD’s sub-business units (Cell Culture, Cell Therapy, Purification & Pharma Analytics, Single Use Technology, Measurement and Controls, and Production Chemicals and Logistics).
- Develop cross-company collaborations necessary to implement key strategic initiatives including R&D collaboration and commercial synergy opportunities.
- Participate in the development of annual division strategic plans through a competitive surveillance function that leads to a better understanding of competitor activities, market, and technology and customer trends.
- Collaborate with R&D program management and portfolio leaders in the implementation of technology evaluations and partnerships
- Provide oversight and management functions for high priority external R&D collaborations.
- Participate in industry-specific conferences and report on key observations.
- Participate in site senior leadership team meetings and in strategic planning, including setting objectives and strategies as well as take accountability for implementation and results.
- This leader will liaise extensively with the division’s executive team, business unit members and external partners to drive long term growth through accelerated and focused implementation of key strategic initiatives. He/She will collaborate with others as necessary across the company and will have responsibility for securing additional resources as required to meet project demands and timelines.
- BS/BA in relevant science degree and a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in business management, strategic marketing or business development.
Track record of successfully developing partnerships and collaborations.
- Direct experience in Bioproduction customer and market experience, and/or Life Science research
- Ability to effectively negotiate with and influence customers, partners, vendors, and internal staff as required.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with experience in building and managing teams of cross-functional experts. Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to influence and build consensus.
- Able to assume and complete assignments independently
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. preferred in a biological or engineering sciences field
- MBA preferred
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join