Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Reports To: Regional Manager
Group/Division: Customer Channels Group / Research and Safety Division
Career Band: 5 professional
Position Location: Rodano (MI) Office
- Drive profitable sales growth and achieve, or exceed, sales and margin targets through the development and execution of a territory sales plan. By segment identify target accounts, competitor opportunities and assess the impact of loss accounts.
- Maintain effective customer relationships by interaction over the phone on a regular basis
- Structure activity to maximize customer contact whilst achieving call-rate and personal productivity targets. In support of the Territory Plan initiate and maintain appropriate contacts within the defined territory, to include end users, Lab managers, Purchasing managers and others as appropriate.
- Follow up quotations, enquiries and complaints promptly and proactively to maintain effective customer relationships, maximize opportunities, and develop customer intimacy. As necessary draw upon the resources within Thermo Fisher Scientific.
- Actively support and execute specific sales campaigns and promotions as required.
- Maintain records of customers, contacts and call details. Update Contact Manager within the guideline 48 hour time period following a call and produce reports as required by Sales Development Manager.
- Support and provide product training for colleagues as required and attend sales meetings, conferences, exhibitions, training and refresher courses as requested.
- Provide cover for absent team members.
- Operate within the company published guidelines and maintain the prestige of the company by setting high personal standards of behavior and integrity.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as required.
- Science Degree or B/Tec in Science subject plus laboratory experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years of inside sales/sales experience is required
- Possess excellent communication, selling, and negotiation skills.
- IT travel to attend customer visits, exhibitions and training is a requirement of the role. On occasion this may involve time away from home location.
- General business acumen
- Maintain a thorough understanding of local processes and procedures necessary to execute the role.
- Maintain a broad understanding of the product range.
- Full IT driving license
- Good organizational/team work, time management, communication, presentation, strategic selling and negotiating skills.
- An ability to deliver a comprehensive value proposition to meet customer needs which includes all relative components of the company’s capabilities.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, sales force automation a plus
- Outgoing and confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings including one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations, across all sectors in which we operate.
- This Role operates within a Matrix environment requiring the post holder to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, to manage both competing requirements and concurrent project activity. Strong project, time and stakeholder management competency is therefore essential to maintain several priorities and meet established deadlines.
- Strong work-ethic, the ideal candidate will have a commitment to continuous learning, show career progression and development, and seek opportunities to stretch capabilities.
- Demonstrated 4-I values (integrity, intensity, innovation and involvement).
- Effectively perform your duties while acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to the business.
- You are required to be smartly presented at all times and have a professional approach when dealing with customers and key stakeholders.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join