Job Title: Talent Acquisition Recruiter (Fixed Term Contract Jan 2018 – End of Aug 2018)
Location: Hemel Hempstead
About Thermo Fisher Scientific:
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
Provide professional level support and service in the selection and hiring of highly qualified talent across the UK & Ireland), and further across the EMEA region and different groups as business requirements may dictate
In conjunction with hiring managers in your client group, recruit, interview, screen and evaluate candidates. Coordinate direct sourcing and advertising (TA channels).
- Develop and maintain recruitment postings and regulatory reporting as assigned.
- Deliver a value add talent acquisition experience for all our candidates and customers including market information, talent pipeline, Organisational design and thought leadership.
- Develop and implement detailed recruitment strategies and planning for all openings and more broadly to support workforce planning. Assist HR site personnel in developing similar strategies and implementing related issues.
- Work with our global university relations team to ensure that we focus on the right sources of emerging talent in your region.
- Assist departments and HR personnel in developing affirmative action goals and consult with hiring managers regarding those goals during the selection process.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific at job fairs, industry groups, university recruitment etc.
- Participate in the talent planning process for your region. Provide input regarding positions that are difficult to hire or retain and assist in implementing resolution strategies.
- May perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- This position interacts with varying levels of business leaders requiring the ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Effectiveness in this role requires a functional knowledge of corporate operations, product line and recruitment markets.
- Performs routine duties independently with instructions given on new projects or assignments.
- Job encounters recurring work situations with occasional variations from the norm, involving a diverse scope and moderate to high degree of complexity. Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position; mistakes in work could cause substantial data errors and financial loss.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or other related discipline, or the equivalent knowledge and experience is required.
- Requires relevant professional level human resources talent acquisition experience gained over a significant amount of time ideally in a highly matrix, global environment.
- Demonstrated Organisational and creative problem solving skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- User level working knowledge of HR information systems preferred.
- Working knowledge of common HR concepts, practices and procedures is strongly preferred.
- Direct sourcing of talent in different regions and languages.
- Experience with IBM Kenexa ATS & Workday beneficial.
- Must be fluent in English
- This position interacts with all levels of personnel in and outside of the company.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to interface with varying personal styles in an effective way
- Good judgement, tact and diplomacy with internal and external customers
- The ability to handle confidential and proprietary information
- The ability to work in ambiguous situations.
- The incumbent must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and a positive demeanour toward the job, the company and their work.
- Effectiveness in this role requires a functional knowledge of corporate operations and product line.
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this position.
Initiative and organization skills are extremely valuable to ensure a smooth office operation.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join