This position will be instrumental to the success of the Single Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer (ISQ) product line in North America by delivering training classes, resolving critical customer escalations, and increasing the Field Service Team's troubleshooting abilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver Basic/Advanced Single Quad and Chromeleon trainings for the Field Service team
- Develop methods to increase flow of information and documentation within Thermo Fisher Scientific to foster knowledge and skill development
- Travel to provide technical support in the execution of the tactical installation/repair for the Single Quad Series.
- Support the Field Service team on all actions to reduce installation time for the Single Quad and Chromeleon products.
- Develop and deliver onsite/field trainings for Single Quad and Chromeleon products
- Resolve Single Quad issues for customer escalations as they arise in a professional and timely manner
- Assist the Field Service team by providing advanced troubleshooting and acting as factory liaison for difficult-to-solve problems
- Support regional support initiatives for the product line.
- Collaborate with field organization to achieve higher customer satisfaction.
- Prepare technical materials and training documentation.
Minimum Qualifications/ Requirements
- BS Degree in Chemistry or related technical discipline or the equivalent technical knowledge and experience.
- Five years’ experience in a mass spectrometry or chromatography lab or field environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and strong technical background in GC and GCMS (Single Quad and Triple Quad)
- A demonstrated advanced analytical approach to troubleshooting and technical problem resolution.
- Willingness to travel 15-30% worldwide
- Demonstrated ability to positively deal with difficult customer situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and advanced analytical background
- Demonstrated knowledge and advanced skills in using PC applications.
- High energy level with ability to take initiative.
- Proven reasoning abilities and sound judgment.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Process-oriented with demonstrated attention to details. Delivering on-time results supporting product team initiatives.
- Individual should be well-versed in customer interactions being sensitive to the customer’s needs and able to handle any situation that may arise.
- Teamwork-oriented with collaborative style.
This position has been approved to provide relocation assistance.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join