When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Preforms a wide range of complex inspection procedures to ensure quality levels of in-house production assemblies and items received from outside vendors are met. Under limited supervision, inspects in-process and/or finished production assemblies or sub-assemblies for conformance to quality assurance standards. Working from engineering drawings, engineering change notices, or established quality procedures determines acceptance, rejection, or rework requirements of unit. Inspects items received for conformance to quality assurance standards. Evaluates new procedures for non-standard tests and preforms special set-ups on new equipment. Assists in workmanship.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects, audits and reports on materials processes and products using variable or attribute measuring instruments and techniques to ensure conformance with the Company1s quality standards.
- Interprets engineering drawings and confers with management to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for examination at specified stages in production process, and inspects products for variety of qualities such as dimensions and mechanical characteristics to established quality requirements.
- Records inspection data.
- Travels to vendor sites to perform source inspection.
- Attend all Al and SI Production Status meetings.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations which do not impose an undue hardship on the Company may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Satisfactory performance as a Level Ill Inspector. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and five to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join