Job Title: Financial Planning & Analysis, Senior Manager
Business Unit: Materials and Minerals
Division: Chemical Analysis Division
Location: Tewksbury, MA
Reports To: Director of Finance
A challenging opportunity exists for a Finance leader to play a key role in managing the financial success of the $220M Materials and Minerals (M&M) business unit. The Financial, Planning & Analysis, Senior Manager is responsible for establishing the annual operating plan (AOP) and monthly forecasts for the global business unit, consisting of manufacturing plants situated globally, along with shared sites in China and India. The position reports to and works closely with the Director of Finance for the MM business unit and the Senior Management Team to create the AOP, forecasts, and track progress weekly. Additionally, this person will be responsible not only to establish controls and processes for timely and accurate reporting, but also making sure that internal controls are in place to comply with approval authority matrices and managing working capital.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage AOP process for sub business units to AOP presentation to Business Unit Leadership Team.
- Generate Monthly Business Review (MBR) package, including Risks & Opportunities (R&O) Forecasts
- Business Partner with operations leadership team for managing cost; headcount; productivity and product transfers
- Analyze Product Family P&L’s and help drive profitability optimization
- Lead weekly order/sales management and drive actions to help business achieve its targets
- Utilize P&L forecast model to project quarterly results/weekly outlooks
- Analyze budget variances and work closely with factory Controllers and functional leads to understand and drive performance within budget
- Lead strategic initiatives across multiple functions and locations to improve profitability and meet AOP goals
- Assist in monthly close/reporting requirements
- Lead efforts to reduce E&O, minimize bad debt, and drive working capital improvements.
- Lead a team of 5 direct reports and collaborate with the team and focus on their individual development plan.
Minimum Requirements and Job Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- MBA or Master’s Degree a plus
- 7 or more years' experience in related Finance roles, with at least 2 years in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) or strong aptitude for multi-dimensional financial reporting databases
- Ability to handle multiple deliverables and responsibilities
- Solid communication skills & ability to present to senior leadership
- Career-driven, interested in advancement to further responsibilities
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join