Job Title: Group Lead, Distribution
Requisition ID: 56035BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Distribution Group Lead supports the Operations Manager and Production Supervisor in achieving daily production targets prioritized by Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost. Following the priorities set by the Manager and Supervisor ensures that work stations are set-up and staffed for efficient production, including resolving issues with production jobs. May back-up Manager and Supervisor in daily Tier meetings or priority setting.
- Oversee SMV distribution day-to-day operations.
- Creates and maintains a clean, safe working environment for all employees.
- Develops, implements, and communicates operational plans to achieve designated objectives, established performance goals, and quality standards. Prepares and reviews daily productivity tracking reports.
- Escalates obstinate issues to the department Supervisor/manager to resolve promptly.
- Takes a proactive approach to analyzing deficiencies and developing plans to correct. Reviews existing processes, procedures such as SOP’s and DOP’s, and metrics to identify improvement opportunities and efficiency gains on a regular basis.
- Creates new processes and procedures when business needs order promptly. Partners with the cross-functional team in driving ongoing performance improvement.
- Support and participate in the company’s efforts in Practical Process Improvement, LEAN, standard work, and 5S program.
- Primary back up when supervisor and or manager not present
- Enforce rules and regulations of Company and departmental.
- Ensures both consistency of and compliance with company and departmental policies/procedures and performance standards such as CBA; ensures daily compliance of the departmental and quality standards.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma required Associates Degree, preferred.
- Leadership experience required, 1-3 years. Exposure to a production and/or chemical environment a plus.
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office required, Warehousing management system. PRMS experience a plus.
- Knowledge of distribution operations, Receiving, Pick/ Pack, Ship or equivalent is preferable.
- Knowledge of various paperwork and procedures related to manufacturing, shipping and receiving.
- Ability to effectively communicate with different levels of the organization.
- Analytical ability to detect and solve problems.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking in a rapid paced environment.
- GLP and GDP experience a plus
- MUST be able to work Mid-SHIFT (10:30- 8:00 PM)
- Must be capable of organizing time to perform the necessary daily tasks efficiently.
- Ability to quickly learn basic reconciling and inventory control practices and procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team-oriented interpersonal skills are essential
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join