Pushing the boundaries of discovery
The Digital Science department is part of R&D and is focused on providing data solutions for our clients. Our microscopes generate information that is of great importance to our clients. Our aim is to create a central data platform that connects the instruments in the microscope. When we are able to collect all the relevant data, then we can extract the usable information. Also by implementing machine learning it will be possible to further automate our microscopes.
As Project Manager you will be part of this enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team and you will be responsible for managing the activities of cross-functional teams. We work throughout all functionalities in R&D which makes the role of Project Manager complex and very challenging. The decisions made by you and your teams will have direct business impact. You will be seen as the spokesperson for your projects and will manage your projects from start to finish. As project manager within Digital Science you will lead projects for workflow solutions. Key interactions will be required with various groups (i.e., marketing, internal and external subsystem vendors, mechanical, electrical, applications). Based on the type of project this can be across geographically dispersed locations including Europe and US based Engineering teams. You will report directly to the Manager R&D of the Enabling Modules and Technology Group.
- Oversee all aspects of assigned projects including scope, schedule, budget, resources, quality and risk to ensure successful delivery.
- Proactively manage assigned projects, following the agreed upon methodology, to ensure milestones are achieved within plan including proactively managing execution progress, managing communications, reporting status, managing resources, managing change, removing impediments and resolving conflicts.
- Ensure team understands the flow of work, removing obstacles, and providing guidance to the team. Conducts appropriate project meetings to ensure the team to ensure projects are progressing to plan.
- Ensure projects are adhering to the company’s formal Product Management Process (PMP) process for product release.
- Ensure projects are properly progressing through the Software Development Lifecycle and delivered according to the corresponding program and/or product roadmap.
- Provide inputs to project budget and manage the project budget throughout the course of the project providing monthly actuals and forecasts.
- Manage internal and external suppliers, stakeholders and customer relationships.
- Maintain extensive knowledge and expertise in the discipline of project management as well as multiple business processes and/or technical areas.
- Participate with management and other PMs in establishing best practices in project management methods and tools.
Skills and Credentials:
We seek candidates that take initiative, are self-steering, self-confident and conceptual thinkers. Outside of excellent communicator, you’re a team player and can switch easily to any level in our organization. You have perseverance, are decisive and target driven with a proven quality-, cost- and time-focus. You combine a strong analytical view with a pragmatic attitude and are able to flex yourself in a dynamic product development environment. You are value oriented and able to set and act according priorities at the same time. Furthermore you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related field of study, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree a plus.
- A minimum of 5 years of hands on project management with experience in software and hardware product release management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Agile Scrum and preferred experience as a Scrum Master. PMP, SCM and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certifications a plus.
- Proven ability to lead groups, manage project deliverables, and maintain customer relationships
- Experience in managing budgets, project plans, resource allocations, and priorities.
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools. MS Office, JIRA etc.
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technologies and processing environments.
- Effective ability to lead and train teams through sprint planning, retrospectives, and facilitation of multiple sprints within enterprise environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Understanding of the political climate of the enterprise and how to navigate the politics.
- Experience working with a global team.
- Ability to apply multiple solutions to business problems.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join