Job Title: Supervisor
Requisition ID: 56474BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
- Responsible for all aspects involved in the direct supervision of the shift.
- Oversee the shipment of materials and/or finished goods in a timely manner according to customer requirements. Plans and coordinates space, materials, and manpower to meet operational needs. Coordinate the development and preparation of reports and other communication materials to keep customers informed of the status of shipments.
- Responsible for all quality, picking and packing of products throughout distribution.
- Responsible for inspecting products to verify conformance to final shipping specifications.
- Establish and/or adjust priorities to meet distribution schedules.
- Recommend measures to improve distribution processes and equipment while keeping quality of product in mind.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency within distribution.
- Maintain metrics to measure performance of distribution operations and report on a regular basis.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate activities between shifts.
- Provide technical direction to personnel.
- Assist in managing costs, and cost improvements within operations.
- Set an example for effective communication within and outside the department.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of business computer software required and logistics related applications desired. Previous warehouse experience a PLUS, E-1, SAP, or similar Warehouse Management system experience a PLUS, experience with automation a PLUS.
- Analyze distribution schedules and estimate hours and other requirements for completion of job assignment in a timely manner.
- Enforce company and departmental policies and safety regulations for assigned workers.
- Analyze and resolve work problems, and/or assist personnel in solving work problems.
- Initiate, suggest and implement strategies to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Be able to perform all activities of personnel supervised.
- Lead and/or participate in special projects requiring research and/or coordination of special services related to the receiving, shipping, and inventory control of goods.
- Participate in planning of budgets, facilities, capital equipment, departmental policies, inventory, and distribution schedules.
- Participate in departmental and interdepartmental projects.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, performance reviews, and career development for subordinates.
- Initiate changes, write, edit and develop new and existing protocols.
- Ensure all documentation is completely filled out and accurate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, MS Word, and SAP/E1 software.
- Is consistent, dependable and accurate in carrying out responsibilities
- Displays positive attitude toward job and others
- Capable of formulating goals and plans of action for themselves and the group
- Technically competent and knowledgeable in area of specialty
- Strong Supervisory skills
- Follows and provides direction accurately and efficiently
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Effective interdepartmental communication and interaction
- Maintains personal composure in high stress situations
- Trains Subordinates and develops training program for the group
- Capable of writing and directing performance appraisals towards the self-improvement of employees
- Capable of handling sensitive situations with confidence
- Is cooperative and open-minded when working with others
- Possesses a strong knowledge of computer fundamentals
- Adaptable to change in a high growth environment
- Personable and perpetuates a can-do attitude
Works in a warehouse environment and may operate under various temperatures including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F).
This position is not approved for relocation assistance
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.