Job Title: Production Operator – Day Shift
Requisition ID: 56752BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Microbiology Division here at Thermo Fisher Scientific where you will get to work on products that make a difference in a manufacturing setting. Our Operators are responsible for helping with the manufacturing process of agars by loading product, checking volumes, quality and much more! Below is how you will help.
- Efficiently and safely operate assigned machinery and perform simple maintenance and report malfunctioning equipment immediately to Supervisor or Lead. Will also set up and adjust machine to run at different sizes.
- Obtain correct materials for operation needs from warehouse or staging area.
- Organize production flow, make sure that materials are available, estimate progress of line, and schedule breaks while corresponding to production time schedule in a safe manner
- Document accurately and check personal work for quality and compliance, as well as monitor product for defects and assist with the inventory process.
- Accurately dispense required additives to media and properly perform technique of getting pH balance as needed and Investigate and remedy, possible production failures.
- Follow all written procedures. Report discrepancies in procedures (SOP’s, DHR’s, etc.) to the Area Supervisor and perform all work activities in a safe manner and wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Report property damage and /or safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management immediately.
- Complete production assignments in a timely manner and in accordance with departmental schedules.
- Sign off on DHR’s in proper places and fill in pertinent information in accordance to SOP’s.
- In addition, other duties may be assigned as the need arises
- High school degree or equivalent from an accredited institution.
- Ability to comprehend, communicate, both written and verbally, using the English language.
- Ability to perform basic math.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. and push/pull up to 600 lbs. wheeled kettles.
- Ability to stand for sustained periods of time, approximately 10 hours a day.
- Ability to see and distinguish colors.