The Service Spares Product Manager will work closely with Materials and Minerals business unit leadership team and is responsible for the development of the global spare parts strategy and road map for all product lines within the Materials and Minerals business unit. This person must possess strong analytical capabilities, business acumen, excellent communication skills and influential leadership qualities to be successful in a complex matrix organization. This person will work closely with BU leadership, services marketing, product management, product marketing, R&D, engineering, sales and all support functions to ensure that revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
- Work closely with BU leadership to recommend global and regional pricing strategy, channel strategy and market positioning; include specific strategy for key accounts and OEMs
- Rationalize and effectively manage the spare part life cycle of current, new and discontinued models
- Analyze trends and results; recommend selling prices; monitor costs, competition, supply, and demand
- Improve parts marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving parts packaging and minimum buy policy
- Understand the markets where we sell our products and services and the competitors we compete against
- Set end pricing strategy and work with finance to rationalize the intercompany transfer policy so that it is consistent with overall portfolio strategy
- Provide leadership and support to the parts sales team; ensure that they have the tools and training needed to deliver results that meets or exceeds AOP
- Provide parts price book and sales support to commercial team; set pricing for spare parts sold with the equipment
- Work closely with the Director of Service and Service Marketing Manager to help develop global service strategic plan, marketing promotions and campaigns;
- Work closely with instrument Product Managers and Technical Support team to ensure proper alignment of recommended parts lists to ensure maximum uptime
- Work closely with service marketing to recommend pricing add-on for PSA with parts coverage
- Actively participate in the NPI process for new products (instruments/systems) to ensure products are being designed with serviceability in mind
- Work closely with supply chain and spare parts value stream to ensure optimum spare parts inventory is maintained at all times to achieve 2-day delivery turnaround time for spare parts;
Resource Management: Demonstrates accountability, discretion and sound judgment in using or managing resources.
Teamwork: Builds effective relationships across work groups by treating fellow employees with courtesy, respect and inclusiveness; maintains a positive attitude and takes responsibility for assignments.
Customer Service: Values and delivers high quality service to all customers through effective application of the Thermo Fisher Scientific’s 4I’s values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement. Embrace and demonstrate “Customer First” behavior and actions
Quality Improvement: Strives for high quality performance and takes initiative to make improvements and deliver results.
Personal Achievement: Sets and achieves personal goals to advance career-related skills, knowledge and abilities and helps others to improve their skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or general Business Administration or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum 2-5 years’ experience in a traditional product management or service product line management role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong understanding of customer, market dynamics and requirements to drive growth
- Demonstrated success developing, launching and growing products and/or service offerings
- Strong organizational skills and self-motivation and initiative to accept responsibility, work independently, prioritize workload effectively, meet deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously while following through individual tasks to completion
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities within tight timelines and high customer expectations
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement both strategic and supporting tactics to grow a service offerings portfolio and/or product line
- Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job
- Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across multiple functions
- Services product management experience is a plus
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join