When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and advise receiving/put away employees on proper work methods and procedures.
- Inspect, verify count, and sign off on all incoming deliveries
- Prioritize incoming deliveries for put away and notify necessary personnel when back orders are received
- Receive items into inspection (hold) and notify necessary personnel
- Populate and maintain Receiving Log
- Complete information needed in Savant or Megatrak WMS and Syspro ERP systems
- Conduct receiving/put away training when necessary
- Read and understand packing lists, purchase orders, and inspection sheets
- Work closely with the Accounting and Sourcing departments
- Must track receiving/put-away employee’s PTO (Paid Time Off) usage and balance
- Must maintain Tier I department board and drive daily Tier I department meetings.
- Must learn to safely and effectively operate turret truck, order picker, and sit-down forklift.
- Keep work area clean and organized
- Other miscellaneous duties as assigned
Decision Making Authority
- Determine if overtime and/or schedule changes are necessary for department employees.
- Must approve/reject PTO (Paid Time Off) requests for department employees.
- Determine inbound scheduling of trucks /containers to ensure proper priority and flow.
Specific Scope Data
- Position to support and drive to achieve all Key Business Metrics/Goals for the business which include but are not limited to: Safety, Quality, Customer Delivery, Customer Allegiance Score, and PPI & Productivity Savings.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience in a receiving environment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Knowledge of general business computer software and aptitude to learn new software applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Must have strong communication, mathematical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Must be able to comprehend directions, safety rules, packing slips and purchase orders.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Demonstrated Role Model Leader Characteristics:
- Embody the 4-I values
- Delight customers
- Communicate openly and honestly
- Focus on growth
- Champion employee development
- This position has not been approved for relocation.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join