When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, and you’ll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How You Will Make an Impact
In this role you will lead the U.S. direct sales Toxicology teams for the Western Region of the US in our Clinical Diagnostics Division, and drive toward achieving annual growth goals. Your priority will be to execute on the National Toxicology sales strategy, and the tactical plans that will lead the team to success! In this leadership role, you will have the responsibility to ensure that the team’s progress is measured, and reported on, as you travel throughout your region to ensure partnership, and cohesion with your sales representatives. In addition, you will have direct oversight of select major accounts, to establish contracts, and evaluate future opportunities!
What Will You Do?
- Hire coach, train, and mentor your team of sales representatives including performance management.
- Partner with your sales representatives to create customer pricing strategies, and proposals designed to assure growth, and profitability.
- Provide ongoing communication, and account pipeline management.
- Directly influence the company culture, by practicing and exemplifying our 4”I” values: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
- Develop major account relationships at the executive level for the purpose of expanding sales.
- Develop and conduct sales presentations, and manage daily account activities, and development.
- Have frequent interactions with key account business decision makers, sourcing managers, and technical managers.
- Act as the lead primary contact, and primary Thermo Fisher Scientific interface responsible for sales for select major accounts (including setting pricing and contract terms).
- Strategic business planning for major accounts; monitor and reporting progress and providing advisement to National Sales Management.
- Utilize SFDC (Salesforce.com) CRM to manage the customer account base and assess sales representative’s performance, to identify opportunities, and mitigate performance issues.
Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent
- 6+ years of proven successful sales and sales management experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of direct sales supervision preferred
- Demonstrated success in the medical diagnostics or similar market.
- Ability to travel extensively and as needed. Minimum travel is >50%.
- Strong analytical skills that coincide with the ability to implement complex selling strategies and plans.
- Excellent communication skills for group presentations, customer sales presentations, and intercompany written and verbal communications.
- Superior relationship-building ability.
- Proficient with SFDC CRM, Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Division Specific Information
This role supports The Clinical Diagnostics Division (CDD). The CDD business is comprised of a variety of different product lines: Diagnostic Reagents for drug of abuse screening, therapeutic and immunosuppressant monitoring, serum toxicology, endocrine, specimen validity testing, and sepsis testing; Clinical chemistry and Molecular controls; Particle Technology; and Corporate Accounts.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join