Who we are?
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $20 billion and approximately 60,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands: Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
What will you do?
In this role you will be responsible for the development and execution of a European portfolio/ supplier strategy for the Chromatography Consumables and Chemicals group of products and suppliers. This will encompass portfolio expansion, product margin improvement, supplier funding and support of ‘Share of Wallet’ initiatives.
- Ensure that European strategies for the product lines you will be in charge of are fully aligned with European Category Director and Global Product Management strategy.
- Ensure those agreed strategies are communicated with the Commercial Product Management team and other functions (Sales, Marketing), such that they can execute them at a local level.
- Establish strong, commercially effective relationships with the European leadership team of the key suppliers in their categories (business, sales and marketing leaders).
- Lead (annual) negotiations with suppliers in their portfolio to secure the most advantageous position for the company regarding pricing, product delivery and supplier support for the products, without compromising the company’s commitment to its clients.
- Create a Supplier / Product strategy that drives the establishment of a consistent pan-European portfolio, looking to necessary rationalization and harmonisation, which drives maximum commercial advantages for the business and a consistent customer experience.
- Work with the European Category Director to continually assess product / market opportunities/gaps as they relate to the category.
- New supplier development activities that add new products and categories that will supplement the portfolio and drive profitable revenue growth.
- Ensure that new launches are delivered in a consistent manner through use of standardized product launch packs using an agreed pan-European process.
- Develop and implement business plans with a significant focus on increasing sales and margins.
What are we looking for?
- Demonstrated results in driving laboratory products portfolio growth at European level (Chemicals and/or chromatography consumables product lines preferred)
- Experience with category management, industry-related experience in chemicals and chromatography consumables products and European markets
- Experience in supplier strategy development and execution
- Excellent interpersonal, customer orientation and problem solving, can-do attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in business, operations, or a scientific field. An advanced degree in business or science is preferred.
- Willingness to travel within country/region up to 25% is expected
- Multi-tasking experience and flexibility to address immediate priorities and still manage deadlines with longer-term projects and strategic initiatives.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join