When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Welds components for stress and position according to design specifications and company quality standards. Performs metal finishing procedures such as grinding and buffing to achieve desired cosmetic finish
- Positions and clamps components of fabricated metal products prior to welding.
- Sets up and adjusts welding equipment as needed, changing tips, adjusting temperature, feed rates, gas flow, type of gases, etc.
- Welds metal parts together by applying proper welding procedures such as mig, tig, and resistance welding within design specifications.
- Lays out material and tack welds as needed.
- Performs a variety of metal finishing procedures such as grinding and buffing to prepare welded parts for painting or makes repairs as required.
- Visually inspects assembly for quality standards.
- Verifies dimensions and makes adjustments as needed to ensure proper fit and specified tolerances are maintained.
- Maintains proper Kanban levels for manufactured and purchased parts.
- Cross-trains and flexes within and outside of the department to other tasks as needed.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- High School diploma or GED required
- 3 Years of welding experience in a manufacturing environment, graduates of a certified welding program will be considered.
- Experience working in a team based, lean manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Knowledge of Fabrication processes including Turret Press Operation, Laser Operation and/or Press Brake Operation would be a plus.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join