As the world’s leader in serving science, Thermo Fisher Scientific is a driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, generating more than USD 20 billion in annual revenue. No other company can match our range of customer touch points – technologically, geographically or commercially. We help our customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe and moving forward with thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Please find more information on www.thermofisher.com
Stockholm area, Sweden
Thermo Fisher Scientific is currently recruiting an Account Manager to join our sales team in the Customer Channels Group / Research and Safety Division Stockholm area.
When you are a part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you will be supported in achieving your career goals.
Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of professional growth and development opportunities through the course of your career.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Achieve or exceed sales and margin targets for your designated territory.
- Develop and execute a strategic and tactical sales plan for specified region to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met by using company defined financial models.
- Maintain effective customer relationships and assure continued market penetration and profitability by making in depth calls to end user and purchasing contacts.
- Use communication and influencing skills to effectively utilize internal resources and maximize selling time.
- Work to drive product sales to support supplier partnerships and actively promote core products and value added services.
- Work closely with fellow sales team members within the customer, e.g. Specialist representatives.
- Execute account strategies for Program Accounts as communicated by Industry Directors and for Non-Program accounts as determined by you and your Regional Manager.
- Identify and satisfy customer requirements and meet the needs of valued business opportunities.
- Provide feedback using verbal and written reporting tools to the business on customers, competitor activity, promotions, to agreed timescales and in agreed format as directed by your Regional Manager.
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of the sales force automation system (Salesforce.com), personal expenses and mileage capture for company car drivers.
- Develop and maintain a rounded understanding of the sales positioning of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its products within the various markets in which we operate. Using this knowledge, effectively leverage the strengths and breadth of the organization by building and maintaining an effective network of connections within the Thermo Fisher Scientific organization.
- Establish relationships with key suppliers and negotiate improved terms as and when possible to increase profitability to the company.
- Review, maintain and manage compliance to key performance indicators. To include, but not limited to, sales performance, call planning, call rate and opportunity management and follow up.
- Maintain a high level of business knowledge relevant to the region managed including competitor activity.
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of a sales force automation solution and expenses.
Requirements for your experience, competencies and education are:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Laboratory experience across a wide range of sectors including pharmaceutical, industrial and academic segments would be an advantage, particularly where there is a sound understanding of the current marketplace for laboratory equipment, consumables and/or chemicals.
- Outgoing and confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings
- Strong influencing skills, great sales rigor to get results through others. The ability to travel extensively within the region to meet customer needs, achieve sales and profitability targets and also to attend regional and national meetings.
- Good organizational/team work, time management, communication, presentation, strategic selling and negotiating skills.
- An ability to deliver a comprehensive value proposition to meet customer needs which includes all relative components of the company’s capabilities.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, sales force automation a plus.
- A degree level education is essential, with preference given where degree subject has a strong relevance to our business.
- English: Full professional proficiency in addition to local language.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in sales and life sciences.
- Full driver’s license.
- Residency in Stockholm or surrounding area would be ideal
We look forward to receiving your application, including a cover letter and CV and a salary request in English. Please apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ (Ref: 56744BR). Candidates are reviewed during the process. Please apply by 20th December, 2017.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact, Karen Rimmer at: Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission - enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join