Do you have solid qPCR technical knowledge and a commercial background? Do you have the passion and drive to succeed in a challenging environment, and would you like a chance to develop a fantastic career in a world-renowned company, and Europe’s market leader in qPCR? Then this may be the right opportunity for you.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $22B and 65,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support.
People that succeed in our team share a certain phenotype. It’s in our DNA and the foundation of what makes us successful. We share a core mission. What we do matters and we can make a difference through the jobs we do. We thrive on competition. We need that energy, and enjoy the stress that comes with it. People and culture matters deeply. We celebrate diversity and teams. Fun is a critical element. We excel at working effectively across teams. If this sounds like the type of team you would like to be part of please do not hesitate to apply.
qPCR Sales Specialist
As the driving force in the research, healthcare, industrial and applied markets, we have established a best-in-class presence around the globe for Quantitative PCR. We are currently recruiting a dedicated qPCR Sales Specialist to focus on our key markets in the Nordics.
Ideally based in Denmark (capital area) – you will be working with partners across our gold standard solutions, such as Applied Biosystems™,TaqMan™, OpenArray™ and SBYR™. All of which represent the most trusted and comprehensive collection of qPCR reagents, mastermixes, and assays available.
The role will involve significant travel activity – at least 50% of the time – predominantly within the Nordics (DENMARK and NORWAY), but also outside the region.
Your responsibilities among others will include:
- Consistently achieve or exceed the territory sales plan by applying a working knowledge of Professional, Consultative and Strategic Selling skills to maintain existing business, developing incremental business in existing accounts, and conducting cold calls to develop new accounts
- Develop and implement account specific strategic plans with the other sales teams in Bioscience Division and Research and Safety Division
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships, at all levels within assigned accounts to influence purchasing decisions
- Develop, maintain and execute a Strategic Business Plan for the assigned territory to demonstrate effective territory planning and management skills
- evelop profiles of key accounts to identify key decision makers, influencers and opinion leaders
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relations management software (Siebel CRM)
- Analyze and capitalize on territory opportunities with the greatest ROI. Communicate key competitive activities, trends, and changing customer development plans and priorities
- Formulate and recommend pricing strategies for key accounts
We are looking for:
Key to this position is strong commercial awareness, existing sales experience and relevant qPCR technical knowledge (Gene expression, Genetical analysis, Genotyping – RNA/DNA)
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field; or the equivalent knowledge and experience. A Master’s or PhD degree is desirable
- Minimum 2 years sales experience in Life Science preferred
- Extensive knowledge of qPCR technologies required along with some next-gen sequencing knowledge as well Similar Field Application Support experience would be advantageous
- Knowledge of accounts in territory is preferred
- People with great influencing skills and sales rigor to get results through others
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.