About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $20 billion and approximately 65,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
The IT Internal Auditor will be a member of an IT Audit team and will conduct audits of Information Technology areas to ensure that IT General Controls (ITGC) are in place and in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, General Computer Controls, Payment Card Industry (PCI), Personaly Identifiable Infomration (PII) and other regulation/standards. The Auditor will evaluate IT controls over network infrastructure, operating systems, applications and databases.
- Ensure integrity, confidentiality and availability of information and resources
- Investigate possible Security/Audit incidents to ensure conformance to Thermo Fisher standards
- Ensure conformance with Security/Audit policies
- Evaluate the effectiveness of control over access and usage of systems and applications
- Evaluate process risks and effectiveness of controls relating to Sarbanes-Oxley as well as non-Sarbanes Oxley business and IT processes
- Work with key IT personnel at both the Corporate level as well as field locations.
- Be able to develop audit programs for special audits
- Conduct necessary tests to ensure compliance with policies and audit programs
- Determine if test results meet the necessary standards
- Clearly document the results of the audit
- Recommend proper actions necessary to correct any control weaknesses or non-compliance
- Determine if management responses will help resolve problems
- Follow up on remediation progress where applicable
- Discuss findings with extrenal auditors and key personnel
- Follow up on external auditor recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related discipline; Master's degree or MBA is highly desirable.
- 2-3 years of experience in IT audit to include solid background with diverse technologies such as Active Directory, AS400, Windows, UNIX, Oracle DB, SQL, DB2, SAP, Oracle Financials, Oracle E1, Hyperion, Oracle Vault, Tripwire, etc.
- Experience with Big Four is highly desirable. Security and Audit certifications are a plus.
- This position requires an individual that is well acquainted with IT and Business environments and has strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and function under pressure.
- Occasional travel required.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Comfortable discussing and evaluating the use and configuration of various technologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge and experience with either SAP or E1
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join