Job Title: Inventory Control Supervisor
Requisition ID: 57109BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Oversee inventory control functional department and all aspects of inventory for Distribution and B PF department.
- Ensure orderly storage of materials both bulk and orders ready for shipment
- Meet demand and service level expectations for the Bridgewater site
- Own, and architect if needed, the models used to profile production capability for all departments, yielding guidance for Operations leaders to make adjustments to meet demands
- To successfully maintain FG and raw material stock integrity. at the Set standard and ensure any Inventory rotation requirements are followed at all times.
- Set up cycle counting & reconciliation process and KPIs in conjunction with finance. Lead process and regularly maintain/produce KPI reporting
- Ensure the warehouse management system is accurately and promptly updated for all inventory transactions and adjustments.
- Provide direction and set up cycle count parameters for Union Inventory Control Cycle counter
- Conduct effective investigation and root cause of inventory variances, producing detailed analysis and recommend counter-measure solutions to management
- Produces and improves management reports showing count results, error categories and root causes of inaccuracies.
- Hold regular meetings with key stakeholders involved to discuss count results, root causes and corrective actions to eliminate recurrence. Follow-up of agreed corrective actions.
- Drive continuous improvement across both physical procedures and business processes. Identify inefficiencies and recommend best practice/lean solutions.
- Ensure inventory policies and SOP are maintained.
- Support PPI projects to optimize cycle times and material flow in warehouse.
- Direct supervision of employees including recruitment, performance management and training.
- Develop and motivate employees through effective and consistent communication.
- Responsible for maintaining acceptable warehouse metrics including: receiving, inventory accuracy and aging.
- Partner with the planning and production personnel on the flow and organization of materials through the production to shipping process.
- Maintain a high level of customer service with other departments and provide feedback on any issues, material availability, etc. in a timely manner.
- Adhere to safety policies and practices within the department and facility.
- Contribute to the overall organized appearance and cleanliness of hard goods storage areas to ensure a smooth work flow.
- Track and respond to shortages reported from the manufacturing floor.
- Manage inventory against targets and analyze changes to inventory month to month.
- Knowledge of policies and procedure with regards to warehousing and inventory control.
- Evaluate and work closely with warehouse staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- 5 plus Years’ Experience in the field of Distribution/warehousing/manufacturing and Inventory Control
- Practical knowledge of other ERP systems i.e. SAP
- Knowledgeable in AS400 based Warehouse Management System and computer literate in Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Mathematical, analytical, and problem solving abilities
- Able to map and structure processes
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join