Job Title: Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement Leader
Requisition ID: 55663BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
- Partner with Value Stream Leadership to ensure there is an active pipeline of Practical Process Improvement (PPI) projects aligned to business priorities, metrics and results.
- Lead efforts to create a continuous improvement culture at all levels of the Value Stream.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve continuous improvement processes, practices and results in the Value Stream.
- Ensure PPI projects accurately identify root cause and/or systemic issues, and resolve issues using effective countermeasures.
- Partner with other Value Stream members to ensure solutions are successfully implemented and are delivering intended results. Take appropriate countermeasures as needed if results are not as expected.
- Identify and pursue synergy opportunities across projects, issues and areas.
- Lead/facilitate PPI projects as required.
- Act as a Role Model Leader, with a positive mindset and a passion to achieve short- term and long-term goals.
- Educate Value Stream employees on PPI Business System theory and application through project work, individual mentoring, formal classroom training, and other methods as beneficial.
- Partner with other PPI Leaders internally and externally to share best practices.
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner, consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, and follows all ISO standards, Company and site policies and guidelines, and regulatory or statutory requirements.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as needed.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Experience in LEAN manufacturing environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial Engineering preferred)
- Operations experience is strongly desired.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join