When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer Intern II
Engineering intern positions offer a variety of opportunities including basic engineering tasks related to design, analysis, test, integration and systems engineering. Working as a member of a small cross-functional engineering teams (mechanical/electrical/software) to optimize the company’s laboratory products, including freezers, biological safety cabinets, shakers, incubators, and water systems.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Engineering Supervisor as assigned with the research, development, testing, and proper design maintenance of all Laboratory Products Division (LPD) Legacy products.
- Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all drawings, files, engineering records, prints, and tasks of assigned projects.
- Learn and become proficient in the company operating system software and the engineering software programs such as SolidWorks and CADKey.
- Assist with quality assurance of all products.
- Maintain drafting standards in accordance with basic industry drafting and engineering standards.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the parts catalogs, owner’s manuals, and operational instruction manuals for the assigned products.
- Maintain high standard professionalism in attitudes and communication with fellow employees and customers.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions as specified by site Quality Manual.
- Select and/or create photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate manufactured products.
- Evaluate documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Use drawings, parts lists, specifications, mock-ups and product samples to describe technology, operating procedure, and production sequence and detail.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join