Marketing Communications Internship – Marketing Communications Department – Madison, Wisconsin
This intern position provides an opportunity for students who are currently pursuing a marketing or similar degree to get hands-on experience working with our marketing team and other departments. The intern will contribute to web marketing, social media, marketing analytics and research, and other projects. This is a 12-month (May 2018-May 2019) paid internship working 40 hours per week during the summer and 10-15 hours per week during the school year.
• Web Marketing
Assist with developing and maintaining web pages and lead generation forms, search engine optimization/marketing (SEO/SEM), and content editing.
• Marketing Analytics
Using an array of web-based tools, compile relevant metrics that help measure marketing effectiveness and analyze data to drive decision making.
• Social Media
Monitor social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) to collect competitive intelligence, follow market trends, and identify opportunities to post commentary. Work with marketing team to post content to relevant platforms and social media groups.
- Market Research
Perform primary and secondary market research projects to help inform business and marketing campaign decisions and expand customer intelligence.
• Other Projects
Assist with and/or lead one-time marketing projects, and assist with other marketing functions as appropriate. Examples include market research or new product introductions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
• Strong willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
• Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong customer focus
• Competent in Microsoft Office Software (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
REQUIRED LEVEL OF EDUCATION:
• Junior or senior status
- 3.0 or above GPA (for business classes)
REQUIRED AREA OF STUDY / MAJOR:
• Business student with marketing major preferred
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• College student currently enrolled in classes with social media experience
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join