Job Title: Commercial Analyst, Global Accounts
Location: Pittsburgh, PA, Madison, WI, preferred
The business critical position is responsible for supporting the Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry (CMD) Division’s Global Accounts team in the development of customer account agreements. From a commercial basis the position will help the Division to deliver on-time, professional and accurate agreement proposals to customers in line with Commercial leadership, Regional sales operations and Business unit strategies. This position will also support requests from Thermo Fisher’s Corporate Accounts team relative to the CMD business.
- Gather information and data from Sales and Business units and perform necessary analyses to support customer requests or enable CMD to develop global commercial agreements, respond to RFI’s or RFQ’s, etc.
- Analyse sales activity, develop pricing models, conduct margin analyses, evaluate payment history, etc. in support of various commercial requests. Complete ROI analyses when necessary.
- Ensure all work products are delivered accurately and on time in a professional manner, working closely with the Global Accounts management team.
- Manage document modifications and follow up with various Division / Company stakeholders
- Update the Global Accounts team on progress with all work assignments.
- Prepare appropriate communications to key stakeholders within the Division when new agreements are put in place.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in pricing/financial modelling, or commercial support
- Competent in analysing potential financial value of business proposals.
- Experience supporting global customers or accounts highly preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills. Proficient use of Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to follow Divisional procedures relative to pricing, discount authority matrix and gross margin analysis.
- Able to work as both part of a team, across functions and on their own initiative
- Focus on continuous improvement and development of best practices.
- Good commercial business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to travel 10%
- Embodies the 4-I Values (Acts with integrity. Achieves results through intensity, innovation, and involvement)
- Builds Customer Allegiance (Delights and ensures trust with internal and/or external customers)
- Communicates openly (Communicates honestly and effectively with subordinates, peers, manager, & senior leaders)
- Drives Growth (Shows passion, commitment, a strong results focus, and an understanding of the goal tree)
- Drives Continuous Learning (Raises the bar on processes and results)
- Builds Organizational Relationships (Promotes collaboration, builds teamwork, and leads by example)
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- Attention to detail
- Highly analytical.
- Ability to work effectively with others at all levels to accomplish internal targets and business goals.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems
- Knowledge and experience of pricing agreements; competent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Someone who contributes ideas, disagrees tactfully, shares success and actively listens
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join