Manager – Intercompany and Cash & Banking
The role oversees the management of the Intercompany (ICO) and Cash&Banking (C&B) group based out of the Centre of Excellence in Paisley. The centre provides financial controllership in the region for two of the Thermo Fisher Scientific groups – Life Sciences Solutions and Special Diagnostics. We are responsible for a large number of entities reporting a total of $2 Billion of revenue per year.
The principal responsibilities of the role are to ensure that all ICO and C&B transactions are recorded accurately and timely and all monthly, quarterly and annual internal reporting requirements are met along with the full compliance of Sarbanes Oxley regulations. The successful candidate must also be able to support regular finance ad-hoc projects,
People management skills will be very important. 3-4 team leaders will report directly to this position with a total organization of 14 team members
The successful candidate must be a knowledge leader in this area and be able to demonstrate a history providing process excellence. They will be a highly motivated and detail oriented individual with excellent communication, computer and organisational skills relevant to the role. The candidate must have the ability to prioritise and follow through in a fast-paced, multitask environment.
- Ensuring the timeliness, accuracy and completeness of monthly cycle and monthly close activities covering over 800 ICO relationships
- Oversee the Cash & Banking team who are responsible for reconciling over 500 external and internal banks in numerous currencies
- Providing monthly presentation on all aged ICO AR, ICO AP and GRNI metrics, with commentary.
- Reviewing and approving payments, journals and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Providing monthly commentary on variance/flux analysis within ICO and Cash accounts
- Knowledge leader of Treasury Management System - WSS
- Ensuring that all FX revaluations are recorded accurately
- Close business partnership with the Treasury team
- Support requests from external and internal auditors (SOX)
- Drive continuous process improvement
- Support and mentor team with career development
- Complete special projects as required
- Ability to lead team by setting exemplary standards
- Able to organise and prioritise multiple complex situations
- High level of proactivity to drive continuous improvement
- Strong knowledge of Intercompany and banking processes
- Excellent communication skills to interact at various levels inside and outside the organisation
- Accuracy is required in performing all aspects of the role
- Ability to drive growth through excellent decision making
- People Development
- Working knowledge of our core ERPs (E1 and SAP)
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications: - including Education & Professional Qualifications
- Accounting qualification – Degree or Professional qualification
- Several years’ experience in a similar role and corporate environment
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join