The Global Trade Compliance Director will promote compliant imports and exports by Thermo Fisher businesses globally, including adherence to all applicable U.S. and non-U.S. laws and regulations and with Thermo Fisher policies.
- Review products/services for impact of regulations such as the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and Customs and Border Protection Regulations.
- Train, consult with, and advise employees through assessments and audits of international trade practices of Thermo Fisher businesses.
- Develop materials for, and participate in, training on import and export regulations and policies.
- Assess and audit sites for import and export compliance.
- Produce written assessment reports and monitor compliance.
- Assist in determining and implementing corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist business units and work with other Global Trade Compliance team members and legal counsel to help resolve trade compliance matters.
- Assist in managing service providers.
- Focus on compliance specialties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in import and/or export matters
· 8-10 years experience in international trade compliance
· Desirable, but not mandatory, are any or all of the following: technical or scientific
background, experience in logistics, Customs (Import) Broker’s license
· 3-5 years management experience desired
· 10-20% travel required including local, national, and international
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
· Basic computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to manage multiple projects, involving cross business functionality
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join