Engineer III, Systems Engineering
We are seeking a strong candidate to work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and molecular biologists. The job responsibilities will include participating and leading projects on the Ion Torrent sequencing platforms that lead to new applications and improve performance. The projects will encompass existing platforms as well as new product introductions. Specific duties will include, but not limited to, running experiments on all Ion Torrent systems, collecting and analyzing data, constructing new command scripts to enable new methods or protocols to improve workflows. This individual will be working closely with hardware engineers to produce and analyze data toward improved throughput and accuracy. It will be critical that this individual have strong verbal and written communication skills to be successful.
Position requirements /skills:
• B.S. or M.S. in Bioengineering, Engineering or related field with 2-5+ years experience in system engineering or medical device development
• An independent individual that has development experience on complex systems within the biotechnology medical device sector– Next Gen sequencing experience is a plus
• Proficient with Matlab, Python or similar tools for data analysis would be a huge plus
• Experience with a variety of laboratory devices and instrumentation, including PCR, flow cytometry, microtrac particle analysis instruments, and automation.
• In addition to impeccable technical skills, successful candidates possess strong organizational, communication and team skills, and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Some experience with fluorescence microscopy & other imaging methods would be a huge plus.
• Moderate to intensive pipetting and long continuous periods in the lab doing experiments
The ideal candidate will be:
- Extremely motivated and be willing to work in a fast-paced environment, hard-working and multidisciplinary team;
- Resourceful and flexible; Fast learner and a self-starter.
- Adept at planning, prioritizing, multi-tasking, organizing and following through, while remaining highly energetic and focused;
- Straightforward, self-driven, self-motivated, and trustworthy;
- An individual with experience in biotechnology or medical device development;
- An individual with some hands-on experience with current molecular biology techniques (PCR, cloning, and enzymology) and DNA sequencing would be highly regarded in consideration for this position.
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions. Not always instruction-based. Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a "can do” attitude
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Collaborates with others and strong orientation towards teamwork
- Embraces and leverages diversity of culture and thought
Some possible responsibilities:
- Quickly learn to independently write scripts and develop workflows on automated liquid handling platforms
- Assist engineers with hardware design through testing subcomponents
- Assist in the development of new analytical methods and assays as needed
- Analyze data, derive conclusions, document findings, write SOPs and prepare reports for sharing within and between R&D groups
- Setup strong experimental designs while working independently.
- Troubleshoot instrument failures and seek out specialized help as needed.
- Support EHS duties, hazardous waste management and lab organization
- Maintain a detailed and organized lab notebook
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join