Job Title: Sr Staff Scientist, Bioinformatics
Requisition ID: 57282BR
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
South San Francisco Clinical Next Generation Sequencing Division
What will you do?
- Analyze the requirements for various DxP p
- Analyze the requirements and design data analysis pipelines to support various applications (Oncology, Whole genome sequencing, RNASeq etc)
- Help software development team to understand and design the complex Informatics and Data Visualization features.
- Write and execute test protocols to validate the features and data analysis pipelines
- Check the correctness of output Compare output data with other equivalent systems
- Perform system performance profiling
- Perform test automation with Python and Java
- Requirement gathering and analysis and writing design docs for various analysis features
- Prepare FDA submission documentation
- Write and execute test cases, responsible for updating defect-tracking records.
- Work closely with developers to implement software features
- Collaborate with cross functional teams
- Education: Masters or PhD in bioinformatics or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience
- Experience in Next Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- Experience with mapping, variant calling and fusion detection algorithms
- Experience in perl/python scripting
- Experience in Java Programming
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Basic understanding or working knowledge of software testing.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join