When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
The Senior Director, Strategic Marketing is a senior-level leadership position within the Niche Products business unit of the Clinical Diagnostics Division reporting to the VP/GM. This individual will be responsible for developing and setting global marketing strategy for the business unit, working closely with the leadership team, Field Marketing, and Global Commercial leaders to provide marketing programs to support the business strategies of CDD Niche Products.
- Drive market driven product life cycle management activities across business to improve revenues, profitability and growth efforts for served segments.
- Pursue new Niche segments that leverage core competencies.
- Manage business intelligence activities: Analyze market trends, emerging technologies and competitor activities to identify opportunities for growth and enable effective business threat mitigation.
- Develop commercial excellence tools (lead sharing, competitive data, etc.) to better service the market and optimize synergy with our customers.
- Provide technical marketing and scientific expertise for product strategies, applications, and solutions for the CDD Niche Products portfolio.
- Work closely with R&D to provide direction and support for the product development strategies and growth plans for the business.
- Work closely with Operations, Supply Chain, and Finance to ensure we are achieving profitable growth while meeting customer needs.
- Design, create and implement demand generation programs to support business objectives
product awareness campaigns, internal and external trade shows, key opinion leader campaigns.
- Develop customer based segmentation and corresponding value propositions for instrument and consumables.
- Develop action plans to ensure value propositions/ benefits are consistently being communicated to the customer.
- Work closely with Global Commercial leaders to ensure marketing support, guidance and/or direction is provided to the Field Sales and Marketing organizations.
- Set strategic direction for Product Marketing, Marketing, Marketing Communications, and provide guidance on priorities.
- Manage contract terms and conditions for marketing programs, marketing/proposal strategies and proposal development.
- Review, refine and set channel pricing and product management strategies for the business unit.
- Execute flawless product launches.
- Provide Role Model Leadership to teams.
- Play a leadership role in the STRAP process (annual strategic planning process).
- Bachelor required with a preference for Scientific or Technical discipline. Advanced degree in Scientific or Technical discipline preferred.
- MBA is strongly preferred.
- Work experience in a healthcare related manufacturer such Pharma, IVD, Medical Device, or Biotechnology.
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible experience in Marketing; minimum 5 years management experience.
- Experience in Companion Diagnostics (CDx), Therapeutic Drug Monitoring (TDM), Immunosuppressant Drug Monitoring (ISD) or Drugs of Abuse Testing (DAT) a plus.
- Strong business acumen and a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain professional and personal relationships with key business partners and customers positively impacting business growth.
- Experience in product life cycle management and product launch processes; knowledge of stage-gate product development processes.
- Experience in strategic planning.
- Well-founded and practiced formal problem solving skills.
- Strong team building skills and the proven ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge solid and positive professional relationships with subordinates, peers, and upper management.
- Superior communication, team-building, and leadership skills.
- Excellent presentation and analytical skills.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Experience and demonstrated aptitude both managing and prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives.
- Willingness to travel up to 10-20%, both domestic and internationally, as required.
- Experience working for a multi-cultural and global company desirable.
- US, European and China experiences desired.
This position has been approved for relocation assistance.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 55,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join