With 55,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we’re helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition - accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you’ll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Channel Manager will have responsibility to implement a specific regional strategy that will expand sales for Thermo Fisher Scientific products brands including Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems, ThermoScientifc, GIBCO and Ion Torrent. This person will be responsible for proactive account management with existing customers, business development activities with new customers, and support the management of our channel partners.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Achieve or exceed sales and margin targets for your designated territory.
- Life Sciences Group will have product portfolio of Biosciences and Genetic Sciences.
- Execute on strategic and tactical sales plans for the Levant region to ensure revenue and gross margin objectives are met.
- Make in-depth relationship with channel partners and key customers at the procurement and end user level.
- Drive product sales to support key supplier partnerships actively promoting core products and services
- Work closely and coordinate sales efforts with fellow Technical Sales and marketing team members in the region.
- Execute account strategies for key accounts.
- Regular business reviews with the customers outlining performance against KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators).
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the competitor activity
- Provide feedback on a regular basis outlining regional activity including specific customer initiatives, competitor activity, promotions, outstanding issues, and upcoming plans.
- Comply with deadlines on required elements of personal administration including, but not limited to maintenance of the sales force automation system (Seibel). Ensure detail is accurate, provided in accordance with company procedures and on time.
- 3-5 years of Life Sciences sales experience in a distribution environment in Levant region is required.
- Some experience in the academic research, molecular diagnostics and clinical segments would be beneficial.
- The ability to travel extensively (>50% of the time)
- An ability to deliver a comprehensive value proposition to meet customer needs which includes all relative components of the company’s capabilities.
- Proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint a must, Seibel is a plus.
- Outgoing and confident personality, able to effectively engage with customers across a range of settings including one-to-one meetings, exhibitions and formal presentations.
- Strong work-ethic and flexible work hours as dealing with customers and colleagues across multiple time zones.
- Demonstrated 4-I values (integrity, intensity, innovation and involvement).
- Effectively perform your duties while acting at all times in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
- Embrace and participate in PPI initiatives to identify improvements and cost savings to both customers and Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Non-Negotiable Hiring Criteria:
- A bachelor degree in Life Sciences. Business management qualification will be desirable.
- At least 3 years sales work experience in Life Sciences market.
- Excellent negotiation skills, written and verbal communication in Arabic and English.
- Excellent execution skills and ability to work at fast pace.
- Outstanding organizational, planning, presentation & interpersonal skills.
- Able to act within a matrix organization.
- Full driver’s license.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join