When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fisher Clinical Services, part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a leading provider of global clinical supply chain. With unwavering commitment to service, science and process engineering, Fisher Clinical Services is powered by people with an exceptional commitment to quality, deeply instilled ethics of personal responsibility and unrivaled expertise. We are exclusively focused on serving the packaging and distribution requirements of clinical trials across the world. Whether planning, packaging, labeling, storing, or distributing the important supplies needed to perform clinical research, for more than 27 years Fisher Clinical Services has been committed to delivering the highest possible value while ensuring adherence to the highest level of quality, performance, reliability and sustainability standards. http://www.fisherclinicalservices.com/
Analyze functional needs that drive the design of quality technical solutions, recommend solutions that are aligned with business / IT strategies and comply with corporate architectural standards. Analyze performance and capacity issues with systems / applications software and/or application components. Design and develop stored procedures, functions, Oracle packages for enterprise applications and batch loading processes. Provide programming and business analysis support for design, development, and application testing.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, equivalent work experience acceptable
- 8+ years of related technical work experience
- Candidates with strong analytical skills and an understanding of customer integrations, web based tools, and ERP are preferred.
- Experience developing enterprise applications with a number of database technologies, including SQLServer; Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with the following technologies a plus: Git, SVN, Java, .NET, XML, JSON
- Demonstrated experience in the implementation of complex IT systems is required.
- Experience in the practical application of software development methodologies is required. Working knowledge of LEAN/AGILE software development methodologies is strongly preferred.
- Experience in designing database solutions, i.e. Oracle (v11g or higher), SQL Server (2008 or higher), from conceptual to physical (ideally 1-2 years)
- Excellent communications skills (technical as well as non-technical
- Ability to work in a highly regulated environment. Working knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Computers Systems Validation (CSV) is required. Applied experience with GMP and CSV, preferably within the pharmaceutical industry is a strong plus.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding capacity to make decisions or recommendations based on potentially incomplete information.
- Ability to quickly understand and adjust to changing business needs and drive IT’s impact on its success.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join