When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The person selected for this position will conduct receiving inspection for designated purchased material, parts and/or assemblies. They will maintain and processes non-conforming material through the Materials Review Board area. They will be required to have good attention to detail and excellent organization skills for precise record keeping. They must be computer proficient, and have the ability to set up, operate and maintain inspection/measuring tools/equipment as required. This person will be required to have the ability to work effectively, with minimal supervision, in a self-paced environment. The person selected for this position must have the flexibility to learn and cross-train to become proficient with all aspects of other team member's assigned duties.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- At work on time every day. Works overtime and weekends when required to support production goals and/or QA Lab needs.
- Performs manual and visual inspection of incoming material as required. Verifies product samples to engineering drawing specifications, test reports, and/or any other customer requirement.
- Verifies all appropriate documentation per the purchase order or instruction sheets have been received and are in compliance with written requirements.
- Completes all necessary quality reports, forms and other data entry requirements as needed.
- Performs first article inspection on purchased/internal parts including visual, manual and test inspection, recording all dimensions and/or test results on first piece inspection form.
- Reviews and maintains RMA and non-conforming products in accordance with QAP1301 and QAP1306 procedures.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor and must be willing to cross train in order to assist others within the Quality Department.
- Requires attention to detail and excellent organization skills for precise record keeping.
- Must have the ability to set up, operate and maintain inspection/measuring tools and equipment as required (calipers, micrometers, pin gages, etc.).
- Requires the ability to prioritize standard work and assigned tasks, with minimal supervision, in a self-paced environment.
- Completes appropriate internal control documents.
- Enters product related information into electronic databases and systems as required.
- Troubleshoots work related problems by using technical expertise and input from other team members, both inter-departmental and cross-functional (supervisors, cell leads, engineers, etc.)
- Cross training and flexibility to perform job duties and to provide support/coverage of tasks assigned by supervisor and/or cell lead is required.
- Requires the ability and willingness to be trained/certified in the following: Fork Lift, CFC, repair/reprocess RMA units, IPC, Internal Audits, etc.
- Maintains clean and organized work area, following direction from supervisor, cell lead, and/or management in accordance to company expectations and requirements.
- Must be able to receive verbal instruction, read emails and posted information, and communicate openly with supervisor and/or cell lead for instructions and priorities.
- Fully engaged, initiates activities that support department and team goals, suggests improvements in work methods and is actively involved with all of the team activities within the department.
- Supports Continuous Improvement, PPI and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
- Trains and mentors new employees or transitioning workers in the area.
- Communicates effectively with other departments to relay key information. Open to and asks for suggestions and opinions of others regarding production issues and goals with a win/win attitude.
- Performs all job duties within ISO standards and performs internal audits to those standards.
- Performs all duties using required safety procedures and equipment according to company policies and practices.
- Performs all job duties consistent with the Code of Ethics and the 4-I Values, serves as a role model in the workplace.
- Participates on teams using Microsoft software for data analysis or presentations. Utilizes computer systems to check e-mail, complete on line training and complete PMDs.
- Education – Requires high school diploma or GED. Continuing education in Quality systems is a plus.
- Skills - Ability to read, interpret and follow wiring diagrams and blueprints.
- General knowledge – General cosmetic acceptance criteria and basic knowledge of electrical components is beneficial.
- Experience - Prior work experience and/or training in metal fabrication, electrical, electronics and assembly is beneficial. Technical writing skills are essential.
- Experience – Quality related background preferred.
- Microsoft Office knowledge and practical usage skills is required.
- Physical requirements - Standing, bending, reaching and handling bulky parts is common to the job. Good eye/hand and foot coordination is required.
- Hazards – Exposed to potential hazards including pinch points, fall hazards, chemical exposure and general safety issues associated with manufacturing. Works in hot, cold, dusty, elevated and noisy area.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join