Job Title: Lead Mechanical Engineer
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. Surrounded by collaborative colleagues, you’ll have the support and opportunities that only a global leader can give you. Our respected, growing organization has an exceptional strategy for the near term and beyond. Take your place on our strong team, and help us make significant contributions to the world.
- Works as technical expert in mechanical engineering domain, responsible for technical solutions and engineering specifications. Leads standardizations of mechanical design process, optimizes and popularizes design best practice.
- Leads key and first applicable project plan/execution in system architecture strategy, engineering proposal as well as mechanical design, development, qualification, validation to ensure system level functionality, performance, safety and quality in line with the company NPD process and CIC mechanical engineering process.
- Ensures that assigned projects are delivered on-time, to specification, and at or below target cost by solid engineering plans, including quality, cost, schedule, and risk assessment. Reports on project progress.
- Leads the existing products sustaining, and drives high priority issues to resolution, including long-term corrective and preventive action plans.
- Approaches problems in a rational manner and with best in class tools to ensure comprehensive understanding and effective resolution.
- Helps team to grow technical depth and knowledge sharing across product lines.
- Promotes an environment of learning, organizes technical training, addresses and fills technical gaps, and helps to buildup technical pipeline.
- Smoothly interfaces to sourcing, operations, quality, service and global R&D team, as well as external suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Other duties as assigned
- Recognized BSME or equivalent with minimum 10 years of related experience, or MSME with minimum 7 years of related experience.
- Proficient in the use of 3D CAD software (Solidworks)
- Demonstrated expertise to apply DFx (manufacturability, assembly, serviceability, safety, cost) knowledge to mechanical designs, expert knowledge in more than two of these specific areas: sheet metal, machining, plastic and die casting, well understanding of the related materials, processes and local supplier capability.
- Deep knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) and experienced with tolerance analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to drive solid engineering solution to complex problems using best in class tools, with deep understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA), Design of Experiment (DOE) and FMEA.
- Experienced in working on a cross-functional project team (PM, system engineering, operations, quality, service…)
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Good skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Motivated self starter, able to work individually and/or lead lower level engineers on projects.
- Demonstrated strong sense of accountability, strong engineering rigor with critical thinking, and strong execution rigor with result oriented.
- Mechanical design experience with mechanical system layout and mechanical system integration is a plus.
- Experience working in a matrix reporting environment preferred.
- Experience in design of scientific and industrial instrumentation.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join