When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
As a part of the Protein Analysis R&D team, a Scientist III will plan and perform laboratory experiments and assays associated with the development of novel protein analysis solutions that utilize protein electrophoresis and western blotting. As a Scientist III, you will work primarily as a bench scientist in a laboratory setting. You may be required to stand for long periods of time and must be able to work safely with chemicals and other hazardous materials.
- Designs and executes laboratory experiments, generates laboratory protocols, analyzes experimental data, presents results and writes technical reports
- Utilizes statistical measures to effectively analyze data
- Recognizes issues and concerns with data and generates/tests hypotheses for root cause
- Identifies and resolves a variety of problems in experimental designs
- Exercises practical judgement within broadly defined practices and policies and exhibits creativity and foresight in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Applies expertise and knowledge of industry trends to identify new opportunities for novel product offerings that address customer pain points in support of long-term business goals
- Interacts closely with other internal departments including Marketing, Business Development, Product Management, Technical Support and Manufacturing
- Ph.D. degree in Biochemistry, Bioengineering, or other related discipline. Strong candidates with a Bachelor’s degree with 6 or more years of experience, or a Master's degree with 3 or more years of experience will also be considered.
- Expertise in the methods and techniques of protein biochemistry/analysis and in particular in the areas of protein electrophoresis and western blotting
- Proven proficiency in statistical data analysis, troubleshooting, and the evaluation of new technologies and procedures for developing products
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems
- Must be inventive and versatile
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interpret and summarize scientific results in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize, and adapt to changing project priorities.
- Previous experience working on a project team
- A background in statistical analysis is not necessary, but desired
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 65,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today http://jobs.thermofisher.com.
Join our Talent Community
If you're ready to make a difference in the world, you can do it here.Join